The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS at San DIego Comic Con

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 28 2013, 8:11pm

Post #1 of 10 (847 views)
Shortcut
DoS at San DIego Comic Con Can't Post

Has it been announced whether they will be presenting at Comic Con in July?

demnation
Rohan

Jun 28 2013, 8:43pm

Post #2 of 10 (425 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't know for sure. I'm pretty certain TORn is having a panel, though.

My Sam Gamgee is indeed a reflexion of the English soldier, of the privates and batmen I knew in the 1914 war, and recognized as so far superior to myself- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jun 28 2013, 9:29pm

Post #3 of 10 (384 views)
Shortcut
That seems surprising. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have a reason to think it won't or are you just speculating?

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

demnation
Rohan

Jun 28 2013, 9:36pm

Post #4 of 10 (389 views)
Shortcut
I vaguely recollect [In reply to] Can't Post

reading that PJ, at least, won't be appearing. But I guess you could say I'm just speculating. If they did have something big planned, we probably would have heard about it by now.

My Sam Gamgee is indeed a reflexion of the English soldier, of the privates and batmen I knew in the 1914 war, and recognized as so far superior to myself- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 28 2013, 10:06pm

Post #5 of 10 (338 views)
Shortcut
This is my view as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I would think we would have heard. There's been no word on it. Maybe they will and it will be a surprise but I doubt it. There is a lot of work to do to get the film in cinema by December. Lots of editing. Not sure but I am betting the actors, or most of them, have other comittments and are not going to be appearing (like RA and MF) like they did last year. I know for sure MF has to finish filming Sherlock in August so I'd be surprised even if they had something going on if he'd be there.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 29 2013, 2:49am

Post #6 of 10 (274 views)
Shortcut
Yes there will be a panel [In reply to] Can't Post

Its been written a couple places I saw recently WB will have a panel on Saturday.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 29 2013, 3:20am

Post #7 of 10 (247 views)
Shortcut
I believe that is WB TV Group [In reply to] Can't Post

At least that is what I have been able to find.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 29 2013, 3:23am

Post #8 of 10 (247 views)
Shortcut
Not in Hall H [In reply to] Can't Post

That's where WB movie panels will be on Saturday.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 29 2013, 3:27am

Post #9 of 10 (247 views)
Shortcut
Just guessing here [In reply to] Can't Post

But I would not be surprised if WB withheld all the details of their panel. They might be working on getting the participants lined up, and the content for their panel is dependent on who they can get. So whatever has been released so far might be a placeholder and we might not know all that will be discussed until the panel begins.

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Jun 29 2013, 6:45am

Post #10 of 10 (210 views)
Shortcut
Still filming [In reply to] Can't Post

I think PJ will still be filming then. 10 weeks starting, what end of May = he'll be very busy!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.