..... and I think Sir Ian will be allowed to be more consistent in the Hobbit.
I've been enjoying reading all of your replies here! What do you mean when you say that Ian McKellen will be allowed to be more consistent in the hobbit films? I'd be really interested to heard what you have to say about this, could you expand on it? !! :D
(This post was edited by Greypilgrim on Jul 5 2013, 12:48am)
Acting always superb but artistic choices less so.
[In reply to]
My point was that whereas Gandalf doesn't put a staff wrong in AUJ in the LOTR despite a wonderful performance in acting terms some of what Sir Ian was asked to do was in my view in appropriate. Really it stems from two places
1) Misjudgements about how Istari power should be displayed the staff fight in Orthanc being an example and
2) The inability to understand the inherent spiritual hierarchy correct. The breaking of Gandalf's staff by the witch king.
In Auj the small moments are superb but so are the big moments
1) The breaking of the rock to reveal the sun.
2) The finding of the hidden entrance to Rivendell.
3) The Goblin KIng entrance superb! just the right amount of Istari magic! My Dear Bilbo something is the matter with you! you are not the same hobbit that you were.