Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Shall we see the settlements of Dwarfs in Iron Hills?

Glum
Bree

Jun 24 2013, 3:37pm

Post #1 of 9 (754 views)
Shortcut
Shall we see the settlements of Dwarfs in Iron Hills? Can't Post

I think the designers did a splendid job on Erebor, so it would be great to see another dwarvish settlement in the following movies. Naturally, Iron Hills come to my mind. Do you think there's any chance we could see IH? Haven't PJ and his team given us any hint? Thank you for you answers :)

Shagrat
Gondor

Jun 24 2013, 4:36pm

Post #2 of 9 (331 views)
Shortcut
I hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

I also hope we see Mount Gundabad.

malickfan
Gondor

Jun 24 2013, 4:42pm

Post #3 of 9 (347 views)
Shortcut
We will probably get a quick shot or two of Dain and co setting of from The Iron Mountains [In reply to] Can't Post

But that will probably be it, it would be a little confusing to introduce another dwarven settlement so late in the story, and presuming they keep the iron hills as close to Erebor as they are on Tolkien's map, it would raise the question 'Why didn't Thorin and Co move there? Why didn't Dain with his big army attack Smaug?'

This is not a very interesting signature is it?

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 24 2013, 5:48pm

Post #4 of 9 (290 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see them getting all geared up for a big war/march to Erebor. I wonder what they will look like??

malickfan
Gondor

Jun 24 2013, 5:57pm

Post #5 of 9 (288 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure [In reply to] Can't Post

That in one of the chronicles books it was mentioned, the dwarven armour seen being worn by Erebor's populace was originally intended for the Iron Hills, then I believe it was realised a more 'rougher' look was needed for the Iron Hills as they lay farther of into the wilds of the east. I do know that Billy Connoly's Dain was rumoured to have a blood red suit of copper armour (playing off he red axe in the book, and the crazy hardarse that in Dain) which sounds rather cool to say the least

This is not a very interesting signature is it?

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jun 24 2013, 6:32pm

Post #6 of 9 (269 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't expect to see much (if anything) of the Iron Hills in DoS... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't doubt that we will at least get a glimpse of the Iron Hills settlement, but not until There and Back Again.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Rostron2
Gondor

Jun 24 2013, 8:48pm

Post #7 of 9 (220 views)
Shortcut
I'd say yes [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll get glimpses of the various sides gearing up. It would make an interesting montage to have the news of Smaug's demise reaching Dain; the Elvenking; and the Goblins and the reactions of each.

T_Meyers
Bree

Jun 25 2013, 9:56pm

Post #8 of 9 (83 views)
Shortcut
My dream... [In reply to] Can't Post

...scenario is: DOS ends. War is imminent. TABA begins and we see the dwarves of the Iron Hills begin their march.

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - ERIC ELMOOR AND THE GAUNTLET OF GODRIC

"One final word……….. Tolkien and Rowling’s [books] will be family favourites for years to come and if book one, Eric Elmoor and the Gauntlet of Godric, is anything to go by he will be joining these great authors!" - comment by Orchard Book Club

Dwarvenfury
Lorien

Jun 25 2013, 10:26pm

Post #9 of 9 (94 views)
Shortcut
Ya know... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can kind of see this. It is sunset or whatever and the we see closeups of Dwarves raising their heads from their
endeavors, shading their eyes gazing west. The camera then travels behind the immediate dwarves, as we see their dark
silhouettes in the foreground with dark flying forms approaching in the misty blue/crisp gold sky of winter in the
background. The ravens have brought stunning revelation that Smaug vanquished and Thorin has taken under the mountain once
more. He sends for aid to consolidate the dwarven gains!

But I think you make an interesting point about this potential scene existing in conjunction with similar progressing events. though I think it could
almost be a stand alone scene of mere seconds.
thoughts?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.