Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Does anyone prefer the new look of the orcs to the old look?

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Jun 25 2013, 11:52am

Views: 835
Shortcut
Does anyone prefer the new look of the orcs to the old look? Can't Post

I'm not talking about Azog here, just the orcs in general. Yes, I know there were a few orcs who were guys in prosthetics, but it seems that a good portion of the orcs in AUJ were either totally CGI, or had CGI heads put on real bodies. I can't find the article, but apparently Jackson has said that he would have done the LOTR orcs with CGI if he could go back. Personally, I think most of the AUJ orcs looked pretty cartoonish and not the least bit intimidating (for instance, the Warg scout who sniffed the air looking for the dwarves, and the orc that Bilbo killed in to save Thorin). Anyway, how many of you felt the digital orcs of AUJ looked in any way better than the "real-looking" orcs of LOTR?

Subject User Time
Does anyone prefer the new look of the orcs to the old look? Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 25 2013, 11:52am
    It depends... Bumpypotato Send a private message to Bumpypotato Jun 25 2013, 12:04pm
    That's pretty much my opinion Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jun 25 2013, 12:13pm
    In retrospect, some of the orcs in LOTR were rather "stiff-faced" DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Jun 25 2013, 12:38pm
        Keep in mind Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 25 2013, 1:10pm
    I think they have done a fantastic job on both films. Brego93 Send a private message to Brego93 Jun 25 2013, 1:21pm
    I like 'em both The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 25 2013, 5:59pm
    I think it is hard to be fair! arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 25 2013, 6:15pm
    Liked both Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jun 25 2013, 7:25pm
        Meh... T_Meyers Send a private message to T_Meyers Jun 25 2013, 9:47pm
            Pass Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jun 25 2013, 9:51pm
                To each.. T_Meyers Send a private message to T_Meyers Jun 25 2013, 10:19pm
                    Prefer the prosthetics to be honest. Scalpy Send a private message to Scalpy Jun 25 2013, 11:57pm
    I thought Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jun 26 2013, 12:20am
    I though, from a distance, the orcs in Goblin Town sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jun 26 2013, 12:54am
        One of the things that impressed me about LOTR overall Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 26 2013, 9:31pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.