The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
James Bond V Aragorn

barahir
The Shire

Dec 26 2007, 9:47pm

Post #1 of 7 (4391 views)
Shortcut
James Bond V Aragorn Can't Post

I really dont know how i thought this up. I gotta say i think aragorn wins it with a blade but bare handed i think bond (Daniel Craig's portrayal) would beat Aragorn

So many strange things have chanced that to learn the praise of a fair lady under the loving strokes of a Dwarf's axe will seem no great wonder

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 26 2007, 11:00pm

Post #2 of 7 (1290 views)
Shortcut
James Bond, thanks to Q's high-tech gadgets. [In reply to] Can't Post

Although if Aragorn gets the Army of the Dead behind him, Bond would be mincemeat.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 27 2007, 3:47pm

Post #3 of 7 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

They are evenly matched, so they fight a long time without either one gaining an advantage. However, after his hundredth or so clever quip Bond gets distracted trying to think of another one. The tacturn Aragorn then takes Bond's head right off.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Narya
The Shire

Jan 1 2008, 4:04pm

Post #4 of 7 (1010 views)
Shortcut
A Bond Victory [In reply to] Can't Post

After a climatic battle, Bond, against incredible odds, kills Aragorn then takes a grateful Arwen to bed with the line "I like to look after my elf."

At least that's what would happen if Hollywood had any say in the matter.

Even the wise cannot see all ends.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2008, 5:33am

Post #5 of 7 (1002 views)
Shortcut
*cries* [In reply to] Can't Post

Woe be the day that Hollywood has the ability to make such a crossover!

(though a ridiculously hilarious image, as perverted as it is).

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tim
Tol Eressea

Jan 13 2008, 5:28am

Post #6 of 7 (4197 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn has the edge [In reply to] Can't Post

Years of fighting nasties in the wilderness would make him tougher than modern-man Bond. The closest thing we have today to that wilderness experience is possibly special ops training, Sly

Great, where are we going?

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:55pm

Post #7 of 7 (481 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.