Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
April "Silmarillion" conference in NYC cancelled.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Mar 1 2007, 8:35pm

Post #1 of 6 (1559 views)
Shortcut
April "Silmarillion" conference in NYC cancelled. Can't Post

The conference celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Silmarillion, which was to have been held at St. Francis College in Brooklyn on Apr. 20-22, has been cancelled. This was announced today by the sponsoring organization, "Heren Istarion", the NE Tolkien Society, on their website. (The conference was previously mentioned on TORN here and here.)

Too bad. I know at least one TORNado submitted an abstract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Feb. 26-Mar. 4: Fan Artistry.

drogo
Lorien

Mar 1 2007, 10:51pm

Post #2 of 6 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien Reading Day (March 25) [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though the Silmarillion conference is off, Heren Istarion (the NE Tolkien Society) is trying to get a Tolkien Reading Day event in the New York area on March 25. Details on the homepage at

http://herenistarion.com

I would like to go, but have to be at a meeting in Baltimore a few days later, so it won't happen for me.

(Formerly drogo of the two names!)

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Mar 6 2007, 3:34am

Post #3 of 6 (1165 views)
Shortcut
I'm sorry to hear that, I was considering going. Thanks for the info. /NT [In reply to] Can't Post

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it." --Gandalf

Drusilla Darling
Bree

Mar 6 2007, 6:01am

Post #4 of 6 (1179 views)
Shortcut
ooooooooo [In reply to] Can't Post

<i>Tolkien Reading Day Event Sunday March 25th 2007
The Northeast Tolkien Society is holding its own Tolkien Reading Day event, and have selected two possible locales. A poll for readers and potential attendees is available to your right. Please vote now for time is limited and we must make reservations at either location.
a) Frodo's Restaurant. (Pleasantville, NY) We held a lovely, small intimate event here last year and it turned out wonderful. If this turns out to be the location of Tolkien Reading Day, we would like to hear of any driving volunteers.</i>I go to Pace University, this place is about 5-10 minutes away, and soooooooo yummy. It's pretty small and gets noisy even with only a few tables full. I think there may have been 1 or more TORn moots there...? I'm not sure I can make it on the 25th as I will be home for spring break then and possibly working (oh, the joys of retail). It's as good a place as any for a moot, food wise.

~Dru~

The user formerly known as Ayaediran

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore

For even more geekdom: teh geekery

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Mar 7 2007, 11:50pm

Post #5 of 6 (1170 views)
Shortcut
I don't know... [In reply to] Can't Post

if anyone from TORN is actually going, but if you're interested, you should definitely visit the website of Heren Istarion to vote for your choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Mar. 5-11: Tolkien's "Visions, Myths and Legends".

drogo
Lorien

Mar 21 2007, 2:49pm

Post #6 of 6 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Since we've posted about it here [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the location for the Reading Day on March 25 in NYC (though I will be nowhere even remotely close to that part of the US!)

It is our hope this finds you all well. This Sunday, March 25th 2007 is
International Tolkien Reading Day and in New York City the Northeast
Tolkien Society will be holding a 3pm gathering at Fiddlesticks Pub and
Grill
56 Greenwich Avenue, New York, NY 10011 as seen on herenistarion.org.
We invite one and all to come and enjoy an afternoon with us as we share
reading our favorite passages with one another, great discussion and
indulge our hobbit-ish appetites with fine food of Fiddlesticks.
If you seek to add to your Tolkien Library we will have 4 books
autographed by Alan Lee, courtesy of Houghton Mifflin, up for grabs for
our free raffle to whet your appetite toward the release of the Children
of Hurin. Also on hand we will have, for a society fundraiser, several
items i.e. Tolkien related books, Sideshow Weta LOTR busts and numerous
other items.

Sounds fun

(Formerly drogo of the two names!)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.