Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How did you picture Azog and Bolg, before The Hobbit films?

boldog
Rohan

Jun 23 2013, 8:59am

Views: 971
Shortcut
How did you picture Azog and Bolg, before The Hobbit films? Can't Post

hi all!,
I was just wondering what your envisions were of azog and bolg before seeing the hobbit film. How did you imagine them to look?
I always remember, picturing azog as a Black/green Orc, much like an Uruk hai mixed with the moria orcs from fotr, with long black hair.
Bolg on the other hand, I pictured to be almost like how azog is in the films! He was a large bold orc, with heavy armour, and more chilled. (not doing any fighting at all, save for his fateful confrontation with Beorn)
I know its a pointless thread but something interesting I guess......
Also another orc which I forgot, The great Goblin!
I had no visions similar to how he was portrayed in the films. in fact the most opposite. Reading the hobbit, I adopted the assumption that all goblins were actually orcs. (just another name). So I always imagined the goblins of goblin town to be very war like orc beings, and very faithful to the king. The great goblin to me was also an orc with long black hair, and armoured all up. I even imagined him to be somewhat ancient, as I assumed he was present at Gondolins fall. either way the movie was all wrong in his interpretation to me.

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

(This post was edited by boldog on Jun 23 2013, 9:05am)

Subject User Time
How did you picture Azog and Bolg, before The Hobbit films? boldog Send a private message to boldog Jun 23 2013, 8:59am
    I have to say I had no picture in my mind of them at all. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jun 23 2013, 10:52am
    I pictured them as minor characters Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Jun 23 2013, 2:18pm
        ditto Nira Send a private message to Nira Jun 24 2013, 2:20am
    Well, I pictured Azog as worm-food (and not much else) Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 23 2013, 2:56pm
    I'm afraid I didn't.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 23 2013, 3:32pm
        Same here Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jun 23 2013, 4:34pm
    Blond. Lio Send a private message to Lio Jun 23 2013, 3:44pm
    Like the goblins in Michael Hague's 1984 illustrated edition of the Hobbit Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Jun 23 2013, 6:20pm
    Actually, I didn't... Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jun 23 2013, 6:35pm
        Since Orcs/Goblins are Always Violating the 10 Deadly Sins... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jun 23 2013, 6:58pm
    The Great Goblin was a design mis-step for me, too Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jun 23 2013, 10:17pm
        The Great Goblin was more comedic to contrast the more serious enemies later sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Jun 23 2013, 10:50pm
            True, but he still wasn't right in my view Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jun 25 2013, 9:23am
                Yes, yes he did... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 25 2013, 12:04pm
    Azog for me was... sharpened_graphite Send a private message to sharpened_graphite Jun 23 2013, 10:39pm
        Far too British? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 24 2013, 7:42am
            Yes, I also did a lol when I read that one! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 24 2013, 9:25am
            I meant the malevolent avuncularity and overtly articulate speech... sharpened_graphite Send a private message to sharpened_graphite Jun 24 2013, 5:04pm
                Agreed! Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jun 25 2013, 9:12am
                Agreed Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 25 2013, 12:10pm
                    But nice guys with manners dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 25 2013, 2:57pm
    Umm Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 24 2013, 2:51am
    My picture The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 24 2013, 5:24am
    Well Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Jun 24 2013, 8:48pm
    Interesting how people see them. Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jun 24 2013, 9:05pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.