Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Who else likes this scene?

RachellovesLOTR
Rivendell

Jun 21 2013, 8:24am

Post #1 of 8 (529 views)
Shortcut
Who else likes this scene? Can't Post

I'm a Merry and Pippin fan and I really love the scene where they're smoking in The Return of the King. It's the scene where Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli ride up just as there about to get high :P It's really cool and funny. Merry blowing the smoke ring has me laughing every time and Pippin's line: The salted pork is particularly good." ha ha xD

Glum
Bree

Jun 21 2013, 9:44am

Post #2 of 8 (267 views)
Shortcut
I like it... [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it a lot, it made me smile the first time I saw it, it was so nice to see them having fun and welcoming Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas :)

Nuradar
Rohan

Jun 21 2013, 6:16pm

Post #3 of 8 (225 views)
Shortcut
I like it too [In reply to] Can't Post

It always cheers me up - every time. I like the line about salted pork, too. And Gimli's reaction is great. He smiles slightly, and you can almost "see" his mouth watering at the thought of it.

Their laughing in this scene is fantastic.

Nira
Lorien

Jun 21 2013, 8:28pm

Post #4 of 8 (212 views)
Shortcut
It's a Merry scene...I love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the way Gandalf says "hobbits" & how the scene is inspired by the book.

It also makes me hungry every time Pippin says "salted pork"

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

RachellovesLOTR
Rivendell

Jun 21 2013, 9:00pm

Post #5 of 8 (204 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry is really sophisticated in that scene :)

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Jun 22 2013, 12:08am

Post #6 of 8 (201 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

It's such a cheerful scene, and I like the way they are reunited with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

cats16
Valinor

Jun 22 2013, 1:00am

Post #7 of 8 (217 views)
Shortcut
*raises hand* [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved this scene, as it brought back so many beloved characters (especially after not seeing them for that entire year between films). Pippin's laugh, upon seeing the group appear from the forest, gets me every time!

Smile

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 24 2013, 4:14pm

Post #8 of 8 (140 views)
Shortcut
Funny line [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was funny when Pippin said something about liking to put his feet up after a long day's work, and Merry said that Pippin had never done a hard day's work :-).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.