Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dol Guldur-Timeline

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jun 20 2013, 8:15pm

Views: 999
Shortcut
Dol Guldur-Timeline Can't Post

So like most of you im also very confused how they will handle this subplot. It would be really interesting to see what you all think about it and describe your ideas.

So,here is mine:

1. as a Flashback/Prologue for DoS:

Gandalf meeting up with Thrain at Dol Guldur for the first time, where he gets the key and map.Thats why he knows where to go through the fortress on his second visit together with Radagast. Maybe he had to leave very fast or Thrain died right after giving him both for safekeeping. IF that is the case, he will be resurrected by the Necromancer after that.

Reason ? Thorins quest-further information to Azog-Azog starts haunting the dwarves.

2. in present time:

Gandalf leaves the Dwarves after Beorn, travelling to the High Fells of Rhudaur. I dont think geography is such a important point for PJ concerning this scene ;)
Also its possible that these Tombs are situated on the right side of the Misty Mountains, although that isnt Rhudaur anymore i guess ?! However, i think that in Beorns House he will explain that he has to meet up again with Radagast. There could be a short flashback too, where he tells Radagast to meet up there,but not for which reason. Thats why Radagast says during the tomb-sequence "why am i here Gandalf?" That scene should talk place when Radagast tells Gandalf about his discoveries at Dol Guldur in AUJ. If so, that scene could be also in the Extended Edition.
They decide to travel to Dol Guldur again after seeing the tombs are all empty...

3. in present time:

Both arrive at Dol Guldur and Gandalf immediatly notices that there is something massive wrong. Possibly he feels another strong power hiding in the old fortress. Later on , he gets attacked by a driven mad and resurrected Thrain and gets imprisoned by Bolg and his orcs. Radagast is able to escape and informed the White Council about what happened at Dol Guldur...

THE END with the subplot for DoS.

I guess we will see the Assault on Dol Guldur and Galadriel rescueing Gandalf in There and back again. Just my personal impression because otherwise DoS would be a bit overloaded to me. Gandalf imprisoned is a nice cliffhanger as well to me.

Your ideas/suggestions ?!

Subject User Time
Dol Guldur-Timeline NoelGallagher Send a private message to NoelGallagher Jun 20 2013, 8:15pm
    Gandalf LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jun 20 2013, 8:44pm
    Thrain Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 20 2013, 9:02pm
    Galadriel and Radagast burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Jun 20 2013, 9:59pm
        He can be scatterbrained Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jun 21 2013, 12:32am
    I don't see him being captured there. More likely (one would hope) to stay more true to the books AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jun 21 2013, 7:08am
    DG puzzle The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 21 2013, 7:55am
        yeah why 2 Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 21 2013, 8:28am
    Two questions that need to be answered Glum Send a private message to Glum Jun 21 2013, 9:39am
        Good questions arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 21 2013, 12:19pm
    Good guess nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Jun 21 2013, 4:09pm
        The meaning of Necromancer in the Hobbit The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 21 2013, 6:00pm
            Zombies Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 22 2013, 12:26am
                I'm not expecting zombies The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 22 2013, 12:57am
                    Revival of the dead Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 22 2013, 1:16am
                        Another thing The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 22 2013, 5:59am
    As I said in a similar thread LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jun 21 2013, 7:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.