Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Ordering from Weta

SheHathaldir
The Shire

Jun 19 2013, 11:19pm

Post #1 of 7 (132 views)
Shortcut
Ordering from Weta Can't Post

I'm thinking of making a purchase from Weta and wanted to check on other people's experiences ordering from them. Have your experiences with them been good? Have you had any problems? I'm in the US, so I was wondering what the experiences of others in the US who have ordered from them have been like, particularly since they recently changed warehouses.

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked. I'd appreciate any responses.

Buchanicus
Lorien

Jun 19 2013, 11:55pm

Post #2 of 7 (86 views)
Shortcut
Ordered from them many times [In reply to] Can't Post

Always a positive experience. Great customer service. Sometimes the shipping takes a bit longer, but it's never too long. They do have a U.S. warehouse (through Dark Horse Comics). But yeah, easy to deal with and I've never had any problems with them. I've ordered from them about 30 times.

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

(This post was edited by Buchanicus on Jun 19 2013, 11:56pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 20 2013, 1:38am

Post #3 of 7 (86 views)
Shortcut
Ordering [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in California and have never had an issue. I have ordered many things through them and most of the time it arrives fairly quickly. Their customer service is great and they always let you know if for some reason there is a delay and why. Those have been few and far between though. Most of it arrives promptly and the quality is outstanding.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 20 2013, 2:41am

Post #4 of 7 (85 views)
Shortcut
Never a problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I've ordered from them several times, and I live in the US. As someone mentioned, they have a US warehouse, so not everything comes from New Zealand.

Whenever I have a question, I get a real person to respond to my e-mail, and they always follow up to make sure everything is OK. I would not worry for a moment.

Last year at Comic Con, I was able to meet the gentleman who manufactures most of the Weta items. It was his first visit to Comic Con and he was there with his family. They were all lovely, warm people. The manufacturer is one of Richard Taylor's best friends., and it gave me even more confidence that the my order was in good hands.

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Jun 20 2013, 5:25pm

Post #5 of 7 (84 views)
Shortcut
They're Weta! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course you'll get good service - these people made the movies!!

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jun 21 2013, 8:33pm

Post #6 of 7 (74 views)
Shortcut
UK here, ordered many times. Never had a problem. Fantastic service. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ive ordered many times from them, the items have always arrived in perfect condition and have been processed/sent very fast each time.

The Weta Points system is a great added bonus, which makes me shop more than i usually would.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

SheHathaldir
The Shire

Jun 25 2013, 3:18am

Post #7 of 7 (70 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it. I was pretty sure I could trust Weta, but I like to hear about other people's experiences when ordering online, especially when I'm about to fork over as much money as I'm tempted to spend in their shop!! It's good to know that others have had nothing but positive experiences.

Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.