Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Photos are up

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Jun 18 2013, 6:21am

Post #1 of 6 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Photos are up Can't Post

Images from the DOS trailer have been posted on Peter Jackson's facebook page.

Link

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jun 18 2013, 6:41am

Post #2 of 6 (432 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I particularly liked this bit:

Any day you can cover the wonderful Jimmy Nesbitt and his fellow dwarves in cobwebs is a good day! Work continues on pick ups here in Wellington, with a new video blog in the final stages of post and out very soon!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Jun 18 2013, 11:38am

Post #3 of 6 (439 views)
Shortcut
Azog improved [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the trailer and I was disapointed by the low quality of CGI, but this Azog image seems improved than the one shoed in the trailer IMO, I am more a fan of this, CGI overuse if you wanna make this trilogy more fantastic is fine with me, but do it realistic, even if you doit like in LOTR, in Hobbitmovies there is a lot more and that, though the quality would be the same, wouldbe enough to give Hobbit a more magical atmosphere IMO

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 18 2013, 1:13pm

Post #4 of 6 (313 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

These are beautiful! They look different to me, they seem to have been darkened and sharpened, and I'm not sure what else, but wow wow wow wow o wow. The film is going to be gorgeous.

I recall the make up and special effects artists had remarked on how differently they had to do make-up and colors, etc. to adjust for the new cameras. Maybe we're seeing that here in the difference between the trailers and these photos? Is it just me or do they look different (better than in the trailer) to you too?

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 18 2013, 2:03pm

Post #5 of 6 (287 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Dweller! [In reply to] Can't Post

Trailer information is great, but of them all I love that pic of SPJ peeking out from under Gandalf's hat, next to a very dignified and patient looking Sir Ian. Cool

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 18 2013, 3:16pm

Post #6 of 6 (300 views)
Shortcut
Yup! Who wouldn't want to lean on Gandalf? [In reply to] Can't Post

So safe, so Wise, so kind...
Tom Bombadil taught him all he knows!

xoxo
Bomby

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.