Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
AUJ: Extended Edition to be released 12th November (US)?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Shagrat
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 4:37pm

Post #1 of 34 (1378 views)
Shortcut
AUJ: Extended Edition to be released 12th November (US)? Can't Post

A date has appeared on Blu-ray.com. Sounds about right:

http://www.blu-ray.com/...urney-Blu-ray/75411/

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 4:43pm

Post #2 of 34 (567 views)
Shortcut
Yay!! I am excited to see what the cover will look like. It says...soon!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Shagrat
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 4:47pm

Post #3 of 34 (624 views)
Shortcut
I just noticed the other details [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if they're correct but 4 BDs and 3 DVDs. I'm guessing 2 Blu-rays for the 3D, one for the 2D, and one of extras. Plus the film spread across 2 DVDs and a digital copy perhaps?

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 4:48pm

Post #4 of 34 (539 views)
Shortcut
Still only quoting the TE running time, though (169 mins) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 17 2013, 4:51pm

Post #5 of 34 (542 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if that's because the EE isn't finished yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think we get the running times for the TE until later in the process, so the announcement might just be including what information is available at this point.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 4:52pm

Post #6 of 34 (555 views)
Shortcut
The listing seems to indicate both cuts being included... [In reply to] Can't Post

...which would be a strange departure from what New Line did with the LotR EEs. That may very well give me pause about buying the Theatrical editions of DOS & TABA.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Jun 17 2013, 4:53pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 5:02pm

Post #7 of 34 (560 views)
Shortcut
The SEE is finished... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I don't think we get the running times for the TE until later in the process, so the announcement might just be including what information is available at this point.

The SEE is finished, or it would not have gotten a rating by MPAA already.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 5:06pm

Post #8 of 34 (511 views)
Shortcut
hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting. I must say I have to agree. If in fact the SEE includes both cuts what would be the point of forking out for the TE if you are going to buy the EE? Not sure. I will have to think about it. I am more interested as to exactly what the EE contains. Specifically, we got all kinds of goodies with the LOTR series. WB is running the show now on this stuff and I wonder how many extras (like multiple commentary sources) there will be. With LOTR we had VFX commentary, cast commentary, director commentary etc. which I loved. We'll see what this contains. Honestly? If all it is is extended scenes and little else I'm not sure I'll get it.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 5:12pm

Post #9 of 34 (518 views)
Shortcut
Michael Pellerin is still behind the documentaries, extras, etc. [In reply to] Can't Post

He's the same person responsible for all the wonderful material we got on the LotR EE DVDs, and he did the production vlogs for The Hobbit - as well as the 30 minute documentary on the Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray for AUJ (which he said was basically a snippet of what we'll be seeing on the Extended Blu-ray).

Fear not, we're in for a great package. Smile

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 17 2013, 5:14pm

Post #10 of 34 (478 views)
Shortcut
Oh, right. Good point// [In reply to] Can't Post

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 5:15pm

Post #11 of 34 (485 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know that [In reply to] Can't Post

So tha'ts great news indeed! Glad you let me know!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 17 2013, 5:17pm

Post #12 of 34 (487 views)
Shortcut
Sweet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait! Cool

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Jun 17 2013, 5:26pm

Post #13 of 34 (469 views)
Shortcut
I still watch the commentaries even now! [In reply to] Can't Post

They are perhaps my favorite part (besides the extended footage of course) of these DVDs.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 5:40pm

Post #14 of 34 (447 views)
Shortcut
Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love them. Glad the same person is doing them. I will be disappointed if Freeman doesn't do them though. It might be hard though as he has a real propensity to swear like there's no tomorrow and it might be difficult for him to do an entire audio commentary without having to swear and without them having to bleep stuff out LOL.

deskp
Lorien

Jun 17 2013, 5:43pm

Post #15 of 34 (489 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

2D LOTR EE uses 2 discs on blu ray aswell.

Shagrat
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 5:46pm

Post #16 of 34 (478 views)
Shortcut
True [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'd be surprised if they didn't have one Blu-ray disc entirely devoted to extras, or, worse, put the extras on the DVDs. I think there would be uproar if they were only presented in standard definition, and with PJ on board it would just never happen.

deskp
Lorien

Jun 17 2013, 5:49pm

Post #17 of 34 (467 views)
Shortcut
extras [In reply to] Can't Post

Will there be any NEW extras except for commentaries?
(there will be commentary tracks right?!!?)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 17 2013, 6:09pm

Post #18 of 34 (487 views)
Shortcut
PJ said 20 to 23 minutes longer! [In reply to] Can't Post

So, Guessing?
More Dialogue from the Dwarves,
Hobbiton Market
More Rivendell
Added effects like some Mist? in the MISTY Mountains
Pieces that seemed Trucated?
After a few viewings, in the Theater,
Bomby felt like we
were getting a Highlight REEL?

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 6:15pm

Post #19 of 34 (435 views)
Shortcut
Hope it looks somewhat like... [In reply to] Can't Post

the previous SEEs:

tripecac
Rivendell

Jun 17 2013, 6:17pm

Post #20 of 34 (447 views)
Shortcut
Worst case [In reply to] Can't Post

What if it's this:

BD 1 - 3D Extended Edition part 1
BD 2 - 3D Extended Edition part 2
BD 3 - 2D Extended Edition
BD 4 - 2D Theatrical Edition

DVD 1 - 2D Extended Edition part 1
DVD 2 - 2D Extended Edition part 2
DVD 3 - Desolation of Smaug preview (1 hour) and trailer(s)

So, no special features other than the (standard definition) DoS preview and trailers? And no commentaries?

Would you still buy it?

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 6:19pm

Post #21 of 34 (395 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I could live with different colors. Wink Maybe even the hideous Blu Ray line in there somewhere, since these will be BluRay.

Lindele
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 6:19pm

Post #22 of 34 (422 views)
Shortcut
I really think [In reply to] Can't Post

that reading too much into the info that is currently listed there is not a good idea.
Sites like this never have correct info right off. There is just some person behind it typing in information that is not based on any facts. No need to worry yet.

namarie
Rohan

Jun 17 2013, 6:44pm

Post #23 of 34 (412 views)
Shortcut
7 disks + Blu-ray 3D? [In reply to] Can't Post

So I see that even if I want only the movie and the extras on Blu-Ray I will probably have to buy: Blu-rays, DVDs, Blu-rays 3D and so on..Unimpressed

Hope the offer in Europe will vary more then this one.

"The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!"

"Such is the nature of evil. In time all foul things come forth."

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 7:36pm

Post #24 of 34 (358 views)
Shortcut
Blu-ray.com... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that reading too much into the info that is currently listed there is not a good idea.
Sites like this never have correct info right off. There is just some person behind it typing in information that is not based on any facts. No need to worry yet.

...always prints the infos they get from the studio.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 10:24pm

Post #25 of 34 (275 views)
Shortcut
IMO, yes to the first three, specifically [In reply to] Can't Post

- More development for the Dwarves throughout - hopefully including the minor ones (Oin, Gloin, Nori, Bifur, Bombur)
- Hobbit Marketplace with Master Worrywort and the Sackville-Bagginses, possibly Drogo and Primula here (we know they where in the films at one point, but could just appear in Film 3...or not at all)
- Flashback with Gandalf and young Bilbo/Primula at Old Took's party
- Dwarf foodfight, "Cat and the Fiddle" rendition, Elrond speaking with Bilbo, Narsil in Rivendell
- More of the Goblin King (hopefully no potty-throne) and more of the escape in Goblin-town
- Possibly an extended White Council with mention of the Rings of Power
- Possibly an extended prologue (more of the Dwarves' lives/culture pre-Smaug, and more Dwarf flight afterward)?
- Possibly an extended Moria flashback (we know more was filmed)

That about covers it, right? Would that equal about 25-30 minutes? Perhaps there are a few scenes which we aren't aware of yet?

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.