Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Top five LEAST anticipated scenes in DOS!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 8:30pm

Post #1 of 29 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Top five LEAST anticipated scenes in DOS! Can't Post

I have seen a couple MOST anticipated threads and I love those threads! So I thought why not see what everyone, including people that really loved AUJ, were least anticipating!

Please no fighting!

Angelic

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 16 2013, 8:34pm

Post #2 of 29 (672 views)
Shortcut
Basically [In reply to] Can't Post

all the OTT invented "action".

Jackson is prolific in the bloated and overlong film department so i dont anticipate a probable feel of boredom at the length of extranous or secondary scenes...

I am already sharpening my knives Angelic

PS thanks to Bombadil for reminding me of course, AUJ's bane : The Idiot.

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Jun 16 2013, 8:36pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 16 2013, 8:35pm

Post #3 of 29 (588 views)
Shortcut
Seems, Sorta, Kinda, like Anything..? [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog.

Jim
Rivendell

Jun 16 2013, 8:40pm

Post #4 of 29 (615 views)
Shortcut
It's called... [In reply to] Can't Post

Making movies Wink

Seriously I'd love to hear your opinions on how The Hobbit movies should play out....bear in mind the expectations against you as a new Director, you've got to follow in the footsteps of the LotR movies done by PJ, reach a minimum of $1billion worldwide at the box office because the studio you are working for demands it, how would you do it? Tongue

Anyway my Top 5.

1) The credits ending
2) The credits
3) The movie ending
4) The fade to black while the movie is ending
5) The last scene/line spoken
Laugh

(This post was edited by Jim on Jun 16 2013, 8:42pm)

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 8:46pm

Post #5 of 29 (573 views)
Shortcut
My five [In reply to] Can't Post

1) OTT Barrels/Orc/Elf stuff
2) The master of Laketown's little minion guy
3) Azog obsessing over Thorin
4) Legolas! Seriously I hate seeing him again. He annoys me.
5) Bard acting like Robin Hood in Laketown

Thranduil05
The Shire

Jun 16 2013, 8:53pm

Post #6 of 29 (509 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beat me to it!

Thranduil

Such is the nature of evil, in time, all foul things come forth.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 16 2013, 8:55pm

Post #7 of 29 (530 views)
Shortcut
No ad hominem [In reply to] Can't Post

arguments. Tongue

But if you have been paying attention to my comments these past few months Tongue, you can certainly remember what i would think would have needed to be changed in order for it to be good.

bungobaggins
Lorien

Jun 16 2013, 8:59pm

Post #8 of 29 (556 views)
Shortcut
Top 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

5. A
4. Z
3. O
2. G
1. Azog

"You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!" - Gandalf

Darth Bungo: "Gandalf the Gray never told you what happened to your father."
Bilbo Barrel-rider: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him."
Darth Bungo: "No, I am your father."

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 16 2013, 9:05pm

Post #9 of 29 (503 views)
Shortcut
Yaaaaaawnn [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 16 2013, 9:05pm

Post #10 of 29 (484 views)
Shortcut
Can't really say. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to see the movies first. I hope the barrel scenes are too crazy but we shall see.

Thranderz
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 9:07pm

Post #11 of 29 (493 views)
Shortcut
I don't have 5, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

1) OTT barrels, I was looking forward to the barrels scene and now I'm sceptical.
2) Azog. I actually don't mind Azog himself but it's just the way he's presented and the story that him and Thorin are given, it's too cliche and I expected better of PJ.

I simply walked into Mordor.

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 9:22pm

Post #12 of 29 (476 views)
Shortcut
top 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

1.anything with tauriel in
2.anything with legolas in
3.cgi elves
4. disney land 'the hobbit barrel ride'
5.necromancer/wraiths
5.a.radagasts storyline
5.b.azog

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

(This post was edited by jimmyfenn on Jun 16 2013, 9:23pm)

bborchar
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 9:26pm

Post #13 of 29 (459 views)
Shortcut
Hmm...well... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The credits
2. The credits
3. The credits
4. The credits
5. The credits

"Go on. Walk on. You must be destroyed."

"Good boy! That's the spirit! Bring my miserable line to an end. Up, up! Come, Scientist, destroy me! Destroy your creation! Come!"

~Frankenstein

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 16 2013, 9:33pm

Post #14 of 29 (425 views)
Shortcut
That will probably be one [In reply to] Can't Post

And for sure one during TABA.

dubulous
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 9:37pm

Post #15 of 29 (429 views)
Shortcut
Not sure I can come up with five... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The end credits
2. Any scene with Tauriel

Out of the things I'm sure will definitely be there, those two are basically it. There might be other scenes that I am in fact anticipating so little that I can't even think of them right now.

TheImaginator
Rivendell

Jun 16 2013, 10:18pm

Post #16 of 29 (415 views)
Shortcut
Here ya go: [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Hearing someone say "Reclaim their/my/our/your homeland!" again.

2. I didn't mind Azog in the first film and I actually liked his look in the flashback scene. And also his warg was very cool. But I don't want them to drag him on and any scenes that drag his character out I am certainly not anticipating.

3. Painful CGI that ruins atmosphere and immersion.

4. Goofy humour. It didn't bug me in the first third of the first film at all because the first third of AUJ was the comfortable place before the adventure. If the goofy humour echoes into the second film, it could be disastrous. In TTT there was a lack of the humour and playfulness that FOTR had because the tone was darker. Same needs to happen here.

5. Re imaginings of classic scenes (such as the barrel sequence) that turn them into big computer game action sequences without a sense of dread.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 16 2013, 10:26pm

Post #17 of 29 (385 views)
Shortcut
Right now [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't think of any that I'm not looking forward to.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jun 16 2013, 10:37pm

Post #18 of 29 (387 views)
Shortcut
I can only think of one [In reply to] Can't Post

An over-abundance of Elves, particularly Legolas and Tauriel (I'm fine with Thandruil, and would be absolutely fine without the latter two).

I'd like the Bilbo/Thorin (and Dwarves)/Gandalf/Smaug/Beorn part of the story to take major priority over everything else.

But it's very difficult to make suggestions here if one doesn't actually know what is going to be in the film.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Jun 16 2013, 10:38pm)

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 2:40am

Post #19 of 29 (306 views)
Shortcut
Seems like a cart-before-the-horse thing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't it a bit early to already decide which things we're not going to like? Since we haven't actually seen the movie yet? Things that are for me in the categories of least-anticipation include things like root canals, paying the IRS, and dealing with that five-week-old "experiment" growing in the back of my fridge. Pretty sure DOS isn't going to fall into any of those categories. I've got heaps of eager anticipation for the movie, and I suppose you could possibly order the things I'm most looking forward to, which would leave something at the tail end of that list, meaning it's the thing I'm least anticipating -- which is a far cry from saying I'm not anticipating it in an excited sort of way. Though of course maybe that is what you meant. Still, why can't we focus on what we're excited about? Instead of what we're *not* excited about?

But I guess there is one thing I'm least anticipating: the start of the credits rolling!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 2:50am

Post #20 of 29 (288 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure [In reply to] Can't Post

Ro that i will have mixed emotions at the credit roll. Excited that I just watched a terrific movie, wanting to watch it again ASAP and yet forboding that the next film is the end. The end of ME on screen and Tolkien stories. I will not have a problem enjoying DoS at a.. TABA is another matter entirely. I don't want it to end and based on our knowledge of the books. plus knowing that it will indeed be the end for ME on screen, well that's a different day. As for this film? I will be thorougly enjoying it my friend. As we should.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 17 2013, 5:09am

Post #21 of 29 (261 views)
Shortcut
Amen. I am also very nervous about Gandalf in Dol Guldur. If they get it right, [In reply to] Can't Post

an epic contest of power between Wizard and Wraiths could await a la Amon Sul realloted. If they get it VERY wrong, a Wizard who faces down a Balrog may be shown having a hard time dealing with one orc warrior chief. . . which would be appalling.

In Reply To
Azog.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Mrredbirdy
The Shire

Jun 17 2013, 6:43am

Post #22 of 29 (267 views)
Shortcut
Least 5 DOS [In reply to] Can't Post

1)AZOG
2)Not
3)Being
4)killed
5)in the beginning of DOS

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jun 17 2013, 9:11am

Post #23 of 29 (213 views)
Shortcut
I think we have similar concerns... [In reply to] Can't Post

at least over your points 2-5. although I hated Azog being kept alive so I'd have to say that seeing him in DoS at all will be probably the thing I'm least anticipating. I would also add in any scene during the spider sequence that lessens Bilbo's character development - i.e., if the Elves rescue the Dwarves instead of Bilbo...

In Reply To
1. Hearing someone say "Reclaim their/my/our/your homeland!" again.

2. I didn't mind Azog in the first film and I actually liked his look in the flashback scene. And also his warg was very cool. But I don't want them to drag him on and any scenes that drag his character out I am certainly not anticipating.

3. Painful CGI that ruins atmosphere and immersion.

4. Goofy humour. It didn't bug me in the first third of the first film at all because the first third of AUJ was the comfortable place before the adventure. If the goofy humour echoes into the second film, it could be disastrous. In TTT there was a lack of the humour and playfulness that FOTR had because the tone was darker. Same needs to happen here.

5. Re imaginings of classic scenes (such as the barrel sequence) that turn them into big computer game action sequences without a sense of dread.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 17 2013, 9:25am

Post #24 of 29 (223 views)
Shortcut
If I could think of five scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

in a movie that were the scenes I was 'least anticipating', I wouldn't bother going to see it.

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jun 17 2013, 9:30am

Post #25 of 29 (211 views)
Shortcut
I think you're in luck [In reply to] Can't Post

I would also add in any scene during the spider sequence that lessens Bilbo's character development - i.e., if the Elves rescue the Dwarves instead of Bilbo...

When Legolas comes to his super moon slide stop, it appears the Dwarves have been un-cocooned at that point as they are covered in webs, so hopefully Bilbo does save them...

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.