Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Azog / Orcs in Daylight in the Trailer?

mikeybobaggins
The Shire

Jun 16 2013, 12:05pm

Post #1 of 7 (664 views)
Shortcut
Azog / Orcs in Daylight in the Trailer? Can't Post

are orcs able to go out in daylight now? i noticed azog seems to attack elves with a full blue sky behind him?

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jun 16 2013, 12:12pm

Post #2 of 7 (449 views)
Shortcut
Yes-ish (I think) [In reply to] Can't Post

I always took it that Orcs could go out in the daylight, they just didn't particularly like it, but would be willing to go out if their hunt/fight took them there. Uruk-Hai's don't mind the sun at all and I think in the film-verse the Misty Mountain Goblins hate it more than the Orcs.

Yes, my username is terrible.

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 7:12pm

Post #3 of 7 (213 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably with his ego he would drive his pack into any uncomfortable environment. Comfort is for wussies right??

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jun 16 2013, 8:31pm

Post #4 of 7 (193 views)
Shortcut
They are all fighting in daylight at Moria in AUJ as well [In reply to] Can't Post

"Durin's Heir you may be, but even with one eye you should see clearer. If this is victory, then our hands are too small to hold it. We will not enter Khazad-dum. You will not enter Khazad-dum. Beyond the shadow of the gate it waits for you still: Durinís Bane. The world must change and some other power than ours must come before Durinís Folk walk again in Moria.Ē

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 17 2013, 5:06am

Post #5 of 7 (113 views)
Shortcut
I LOVE your signature quotation. [In reply to] Can't Post

Love it. I hope that some aspect of that matter makes its way into these much expanded films.

In Reply To

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

nhui06
Rivendell

Jun 17 2013, 3:48pm

Post #6 of 7 (61 views)
Shortcut
Goblins? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe only Goblins are the ones that are ineffective in the daylight, but Orcs can still come out, though they do not like it. Sauron's orcs still came out to fight in the daylight outside of Minas Tirith in ROTK.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jun 17 2013, 8:27pm

Post #7 of 7 (71 views)
Shortcut
I look at it this way... [In reply to] Can't Post

Common Orcs and Goblins refuse to go out in dayllight because it is painful and uncomfortable. Azog maintains a tight discipline on his followers; they may tolerate sunlight less well than the Uruk-hai, but they know better than to refuse.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.