Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
thanks for reading, na vedui : )

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2013, 11:35pm

Views: 290
Shortcut
thanks for reading, na vedui : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

and, just to say, although we're on to the next chapter (broken out into separate threads, lead by sador), all silmarillion threads are still open for business, so to speak. : )

people will get notifications if you respond to a particular post, and others will get notifications if they have selected "watch thread" (in the upper right-hand corner).

so.... : )

i have to ask, since you had the mammoth stamina to read this mumakil thread (little pun there : ) ), what are your thoughts on the chapter? did you have a different take on maeglin, aredhel, eol or the brothers feanor?

the characters opened up for me much more than on any prior readings, thanks to everyone's fine contributions to this thread.

the chapter is entitled "of maeglin," but is it about him, really? is tolkien trying to get us to understand why he does what he does later? or is it about the shadow of morgoth, falling on eol, and thus on maeglin? or is it about the curse of feanor, somehow working on aredhel (in wanting to visit her feanorian cousins)?

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Subject User Time
Silmarilion Discussion: Chapter 16 -- "Of Maeglin" Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 3:28pm
    Elven Powers Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 3:28pm
        Elves don't make difference between magic and science Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 4:25pm
            A long life in the craft noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 4 2013, 9:34pm
                technology improves Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 9:50pm
                    lost secrets of the ancient masters noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 5 2013, 11:24am
        Love this chapter! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 5:05pm
            the idea Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:21am
                You're welcome ;-) Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 3:27pm
        Smoke and mirrors CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 5:25pm
            All good girls want bad boys Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 6:16pm
            "not wholly unwilling" Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 4 2013, 7:37pm
                I like all the points you make here Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:44pm
                Good comparison CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 7:55pm
                    She's his wife now. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 4 2013, 10:07pm
                    Or, perhaps, an uptight middle class English author? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 5 2013, 9:12pm
                        Or an Anglo-Saxon scholar Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 5 2013, 9:20pm
                            That's "not unhelpful" :) Thanks for posting// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 10:10am
                        great post Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 9:51pm
                        She felt something for him, no matter how twisted it was Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 5 2013, 10:07pm
                        "He's done some bad things, but I know he has a good side that needs me." squire Send a private message to squire Jun 6 2013, 1:48am
                            thanks for the reference Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:07am
                            Thanks for the quote, squire! Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 2:08am
                            From our 2005 Letters discussion: Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 6 2013, 5:28am
                                many thanks! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 11:24am
                it's especially sad that she gets trapped by Eöl after dreaming of freedom Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:20pm
                PS: Tolkien's girls always want the good boy. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:27pm
                    hmm imin Send a private message to imin Jun 4 2013, 8:35pm
                        Fëanor wasn't bad to begin with. When he started to show corruption Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:40pm
                            Yeah it was a long shot imin Send a private message to imin Jun 4 2013, 8:42pm
                                Tolkien liked women and had a very high opinion of them, it seems Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:47pm
                            I am intrigued by your take on Feanor... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 8:53pm
                                The good thing about TORn forum format is that no thread can be hijacked Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 10:05pm
                                    Because I'm denied from editing that post, children are now products of martial love Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 10:18pm
                                        sometimes Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:59am
                                        That's ok Feanoriel- we like interesting typos... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:21pm
                                            marzipan love! // Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 10:23pm
                                            Sigh - I agree completely Elaen! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 10:33pm
                                    Awesome. I loved reading this. Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 10:21pm
                                        At your service! *deep bow* // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 10:31pm
                    Eowyn? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 9:06pm
                        Gríma? :D Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 9:11pm
                        With some other author, maybe. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 5 2013, 12:17am
                "not wholly unwilling" Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:34am
                    It sure doesn't sound like love to me. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 5 2013, 2:38am
                        my thoughts on the Eol and Aredhel question telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 12:36am
                            another fantastic post, telain Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:55am
                            "Wrongness" on first read CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 1:48am
                                Attention! Dark Elf on the Psych Ward telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 2:12am
                                    wow Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:27am
                                        and also "wow" telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 2:57am
                                            great quote Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:10am
                                    btw Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:30pm
                                        Now admitting "Maeglin" to Ward 3 (warning, do not put in room near patient "Eol") telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 4:35pm
                                            telain, telain, telain! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 4:42pm
                                                I thank you! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 7:11pm
                                            (**applause**) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 4:44pm
                                                you are all making my day!// telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 7:12pm
                                            ok, the rest of your post Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 4:44pm
                                                and hopefully not in a balrog way... telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 7:15pm
            eol Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 5:42am
                Late to the party and lots to catch up on! Again!!! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 9:49pm
                    elves and rape Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 9:57pm
                        Thanks Maciliel elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:05pm
                            i'm going to argue against my own point now Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 10:21pm
                                Er... arwen??? elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:24pm
                                    now +that's+ a typo --- Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 10:26pm
                                    btw Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:15am
                            ok -- some gems from morgoth's ring Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:48am
                                Thanks for this Maciliel elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 8:42am
                                    so many interesting points Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 11:20am
                                        Dossing... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 11:40am
                                            Dossing and faffing noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 12:49pm
                                                makes me Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:59pm
                                                and lets not forget telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 1:16pm
                                                    But "skeevy" just a bit up-thread was a new one for me (and "head cannon")// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 1:30pm
                                                        what is Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:18pm
                                                            Think this might be what they mean imin Send a private message to imin Jun 6 2013, 2:20pm
                                                            Head cannon (or "headcannon") noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 2:32pm
                                    more on the eldar, from morgoth's ring Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:05pm
        Lovely presentation Telpemairo! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:02pm
        sitting in the corner thinking... telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 12:04am
            wow! really great post! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:11am
                I really am "at" the party...somewhere...! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 12:51am
                    The attempt on Maeglin Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 12:59am
                        a list of unnatural elves Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:04am
                        Not the Greatest, but the Darkest Elf? telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 3:08am
                            i just had a thought... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:16am
                                your thought is a good thought; adding more thoughts telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 12:23pm
                                    counter-thoughts, additional thoughts Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:32pm
                                People who hate look for reasons to hate CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 1:16pm
                            Eol and Curufin Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 2:18pm
                                wow! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:44pm
                                    WOTJ= War Of The Jewels/ elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 2:56pm
                                        ah! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:03pm
                                one of the things i find curious Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:12pm
                                    Chance meetings? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 3:33pm
                                    Some more background, Curufin and Eol Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 3:45pm
                                        Thanks for the sleuthing, Brethil! CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 4:19pm
                                            Finding Gondolin. It's not on the GPS apparently... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 4:32pm
                                            I also raise my glass to Brethil and immediately ask more questions telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 4:46pm
                                                Eol's household Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 5:02pm
                                            Maybe you send word to Gondolin by eagle, if you can find a co-operative one.// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 5:13pm
                                        so many more interesting details Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 12:37am
                                            Yeah, that doesn't make sense CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 1:27am
                                            Clarification of the 'no hello' zone Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 1:42am
                                                that does Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 1:50am
                                                    Glad to be of service! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 2:04am
                                                Thanks, as always, Breth CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 2:22am
                                Eol logic is not the same as other-people logic telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 4:19pm
                                    acronym... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 4:22pm
                                        I was going for... telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 4:37pm
                                            I thought it was "Noldor in Muddy Galoshes", but I see that's wide of the mark noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 5:17pm
                                                Is that the guy on the Clydesdale? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 5:27pm
                                                funny, funny, funny! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 7:20pm
                                                    NIMG? Still guessing: Newts In Manwë's G-string? (Valar office party gets excessive) ? // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 7:37pm
                                                        Pfffffttt!! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 7:49pm
                                                        +somebody's+ Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 7:59pm
                                                            no, Nowimë's In Mandos' Good-books - we managed to put the blame for the newts on Yavanna.// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 8:08pm
                                                            It was originally "Nutella in Manwë's G-string", but I had promised not to spread that rumour....// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 9:18pm
                                                                you know Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 9:40pm
                                                                    "NoWiz Is Morgoth's Go-between?" I deny everything :) // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 7 2013, 6:38am
                                                                        Well, that would explain CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 12:06pm
                                                                DO NOT get me started on the uses of Nutella.... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 10:02pm
                                                                    Fair enough: my new motto shall be "Never Imagine Manwë's Goolies" // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 7 2013, 6:26am
                                                        sounds like telain Send a private message to telain Jun 7 2013, 3:52pm
                                    great stuff Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 4:26pm
                                    NIMG = Not In My Girdle--I like it! // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 4:27pm
                                        NIMG (*pfft....!*) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 4:52pm
                                    Eol's perspectives Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 4:42pm
                                    I'd say the Noldor had the right to settle unsettled areas without previous Sindarin population.// Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 5:14pm
                                        Absolutely.// telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 7:17pm
                                    Handy guide to Sons of Feanor: Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 7 2013, 6:44am
                                        ha! : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 11:17am
                                        btw Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 11:26am
                                        Elizabeth I love this guide...// Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 1:11pm
                                            Brilliant - and also there are more examples noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 7 2013, 1:31pm
                                                Digging through memory...I believe you are correct Furuncurunir Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 2:36pm
                                                    u -- Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 2:52pm
                                                        Yes, that's a handy site..Thanks Telpemairo...! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 3:03pm
                                                            ah Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 3:12pm
                                                                Oooo...yeah, bad name choices...!!!! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 3:16pm
                    are you Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:03am
                    Maciliel has made a thread that's #3 in replies in all RR history (so far). // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 1:52am
                        Somehow that doesn't surprise me! // Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 6 2013, 1:53am
                        well... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:10am
                            Oh! but this IS the party! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 2:24am
                                +oh+ Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:35am
                                Yes, this is the party to be seen at elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 8:48am
                                    why thank you, I think I might! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 6 2013, 12:36pm
                            See, we're blaming the wrong person here CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 2:29am
                                Don't we all know the mythology is written by the Noldor? // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 2:30am
                                    This post is getting so long CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 2:36am
                                didn't they Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 2:37am
                                I LOVED THIS ! ltnjmy Send a private message to ltnjmy Jun 6 2013, 8:04pm
                                    so glad Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 12:50am
                                    I stick up for the underdog. Glad you liked it. :) // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 1:26am
                                This made me wince as well as smile... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 1:47pm
                        Link. It must be seen. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 2:11am
    Just Who is the Greatest Elf Again? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 3:41pm
        Maeglin has a clear Fëanorian connection, but Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 4:35pm
            was thinking along similar lines... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 11:50pm
        Feanor and Maeglin Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:09pm
            Maeglin resembles Curufin in many aspects Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:23pm
                That would explain a lot Faenoriel... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 8:39pm
            i think Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 5:56am
        last hope hanne Send a private message to hanne Jun 4 2013, 8:25pm
            I thought last hope was Gondolin CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 8:50pm
            Gondolin in general, and Idril in particular. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 4 2013, 10:36pm
            yes, rereads can open new doors Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 6:08am
        The Greatest elf is Muhammad Alë, obviously! // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 5 2013, 8:44pm
            oh, +you+! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 8:56pm
                I'm inferring Muhammad Alë (the Greatest elf) was a Noldor noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 3:07pm
                    how awful! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:08pm
    Friends of the Sons of Feanor Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 3:49pm
        The animosity the Kinslaying caused is never shown as a positive effect Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 4:44pm
            aredhel's transgressions Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 11:57pm
        Aredhel Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:15pm
    Eol -- A Dark, Blond Elf? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 3:55pm
        Blond? Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 5:13pm
            the reason i bought up Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 5:26am
                Possible, but... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 3:31pm
        Elf coloring Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:20pm
            Aredhel's hair Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 7:51pm
            Hair and eye coloring Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 4 2013, 9:55pm
                Neat! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 12:01am
            fwiw Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 5:58am
    Killer Elves or the Curse at Work? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 4:05pm
        About Curufin and Eöl and the time Tolkien failed Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 4:56pm
            My sentiments exactly CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 5:38pm
            curufin's generosity Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:02am
            What the Udun are elves doing executing other elves. ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 5 2013, 10:19am
                It might not be meant to be a good deed Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 5 2013, 4:21pm
        Death penalty Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 5:18pm
        Warning! You have sparked recurring bursts of laughter from me at work! CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 5:52pm
        1001 Elf Ways to Die Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:28pm
            It's the poison CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 7:39pm
                I agree on the poison CG Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:50pm
                    I think there are a bah-zillion facets to this chapter CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 8:04pm
                        I think he's just 'wrong' Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 8:11pm
                            Everything about Eol bugs me, lol. And that non-naming does too. // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 8:15pm
                            In a world where everyone has loads of names and the loads have names too Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 8:49pm
                                I thought it was wrong enough, but CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 8:55pm
                                    Eöl hated the Noldor, but desired Aredhel. What's in there? Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 9:05pm
                                So true Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 9:02pm
                                    No wonder Maeglin had such a distorted image of romantic relationship Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 9:07pm
                                        Excellent point Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 9:16pm
            turgon Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 6:03am
                Points clarified Telpemairo...thanks! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 11:10am
                    GALLOPING INTO GONDOR !!!!!! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:50pm
                    The one "out" Turgon may have in this brutal policy CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 5 2013, 4:29pm
                        dunno Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:45pm
                            of course Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:54pm
                            (*hahahahah!!!!*) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 4:55pm
                                thanks for the gondorian welcome : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 7:12pm
                        Curse at work...? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 4:51pm
                            definitely treated well Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:57pm
                        Is it sad... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 5:26pm
                            No - that's awesome!!!! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 5:28pm
                                Doug Kane had extensive personal travel in Arda to write his book CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 5 2013, 6:12pm
                                    It worked very well... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 8:30pm
                                        I want to know if he wore Spock's pointy ear merchandise as an Elf disguise. // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 5 2013, 9:04pm
                                            I think we should all wear them // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 1:28am
                            Not sad at all! Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Jun 5 2013, 5:51pm
                                that reminds me Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 6:03pm
                                Just know... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 6:34pm
        Cliff death Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 7:44pm
            Eol and Maeglin CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 7:52pm
                Prophesy Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 8:05pm
                If you were Turgon imin Send a private message to imin Jun 4 2013, 8:35pm
                    Thought about options Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 12:05pm
            prophecy or curse? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 1:09am
                Curse most likely Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 3:29pm
    Parallels --Aredhel and Galadriel Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 4 2013, 4:17pm
        Aredhel and Galadriel were hardly friends Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 5:01pm
            friends or no Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:19am
                I agree with most of this Maciliel elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:02pm
        White Lady of the Noldor Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 4 2013, 5:24pm
        Two Ladies in White CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 6:24pm
            yes, it's odd Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 5:53am
        A Tale of Two Women Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 4 2013, 7:33pm
    FABULOUS thread and all of the postings were awesome ltnjmy Send a private message to ltnjmy Jun 4 2013, 5:53pm
        Glad you enjoy them, Itnjmy, and thanks for saying so! // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 4 2013, 5:59pm
        It's such a fabulous fandom. Wisest and kindest. Tolkien's spirit is upon it. // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 4 2013, 6:10pm
        so glad Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 12:23am
    Oh! sador Send a private message to sador Jun 5 2013, 7:17am
        you, sir, get a pass Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:02pm
            Is that not a common word? // imin Send a private message to imin Jun 5 2013, 4:05pm
                Not in America Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 4:06pm
                    Oh yeah imin Send a private message to imin Jun 5 2013, 4:08pm
                        Two weeks Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 4:15pm
                        whilst! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:23pm
                        Probably why people wanted to hear you talk! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 4:24pm
                            Haha on behalf of Brits, thank you :P imin Send a private message to imin Jun 5 2013, 4:28pm
                                All in good fun! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 4:41pm
                                    Maybe, maybe not.... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:14pm
                                        estatuary accent Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 10:22pm
                                            Hmmm- might have to think on that one... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 5 2013, 10:35pm
                                                Estuary English noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 6:54am
                                                    will check this out Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 11:28am
                                            Estuary English imin Send a private message to imin Jun 5 2013, 10:39pm
                                        Inevitable language change? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 5 2013, 11:37pm
                                            just by coincidence... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:00am
                                                Thanks for the map, Telpemairo, and a question... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 1:27am
                                                    huh.... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:32am
                                                        I agree on restlessness Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 1:38am
                                                            ha! : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:41am
                                            To an extent, yes. elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 6 2013, 1:07am
                    I confused an LA Customs guy with that. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 6 2013, 12:42am
                        They probably used "fortnight' for the next two weeks Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 12:49am
                        what Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 12:56am
                        That's awesome! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 6 2013, 1:26am
                not in america Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 5 2013, 4:22pm
    In case nobody has noticed sador Send a private message to sador Jun 6 2013, 12:51pm
        love! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:02pm
            We are lively, but to give credit... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 1:06pm
                ah, thanks Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 1:24pm
        Slow clap to everyone who has participated! // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 5:20pm
            That would be the respect slow clap or the heckling one? :) noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 5:30pm
                Respecting one, of course! :D // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 8:15pm
    more questions for you guys... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 8:31pm
        Some quick answers noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 8:50pm
        Turgon and Maeglin Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 6 2013, 9:57pm
            mostly in agreement.. Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 12:44am
                Also agreeing, and a question and a rhetorical question CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 1:37am
                    because you asked Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 1:44am
                        Woo! I narrowly missed that swipe of Fate. CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 2:26am
                Thoughts back on Maeglin Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 1:59am
                    Me too; and Idril comments CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 2:38am
                        love this post! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 2:46am
                            Merely 2nd best CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 2:57am
                                Commissioner Ironfoot // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 3:05am
                        Idril Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 2:55am
                            She's rich, smart, and an heiress--what's not too like? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 3:12am
                                Wow, CG! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 3:21am
                                    Thanks for the wow CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 12:41pm
                                        Glimpses of Idril Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 1:29pm
                                seconding the "wow" Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 11:22am
                                seconding the "wow" Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 11:22am
                    aredhel and the chill Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 6:46pm
                        Well, for me, the chill is still there. CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 8:57pm
                            fair enough -- Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 9:07pm
                            Same for me imin Send a private message to imin Jun 7 2013, 10:31pm
                        Masterfully re-written... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 7 2013, 10:49pm
                        Not at the chilly bit yet. noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 8:52am
                            ah, but it's Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 12:34pm
                                You may call me "Mr. point"...if I ask about Air-hed-rel noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 1:50pm
                                    heya : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 2:58pm
                                        You make some insightful points. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 8 2013, 3:14pm
                                            nice to see you : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 3:24pm
                                        In the interests of gender balance, you may also call me Ms daPointe... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 3:18pm
                                            lol! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 3:25pm
                                                Mr Pointy? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 4:08pm
                                                    from Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 4:43pm
                                                        Ah. Haven't seen much Buffy. Also thinking "Misty Point" sound like a good locale for gothic adventures // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 4:50pm
                                                            -funny - Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 4:55pm
                                                            misty point Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 5:09pm
                                                                Then they invent a new high performance aircraft, the Spitfire, and fly away? // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 5:19pm
                                        One chilly thing about Aredhel and her guards CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 8 2013, 4:29pm
                                            agreed, agreed, agreed! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 4:50pm
                                                Is Éowyn a good compare/contrast noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 5:10pm
                                                    +wow+ interesting point Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 5:21pm
                                                        Yep: we like Éowyn, and her actions work out well... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 5:48pm
                                                            i haven't had time Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 5:51pm
                                                                It was a good thread: worth checking out when you're not performing your -trix // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 6:28pm
                                                                A big contrast point between Éowyn and Aredhel... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 6:39pm
                                                                    Nicely delineated Furuncurunir Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 8 2013, 8:26pm
                                                                        :) the court marshal defence was hoping to call Dr Brethil as expert witness to consider Éowyns mental state. // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 8 2013, 8:40pm
                                                                            Eowyn's Mental State in the ME DSM... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 8 2013, 10:40pm
                                                                                i love... !!!!! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 10:42pm
                                                                                    Mad Baggins... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 9 2013, 1:18am
                                                                                I like this one best (they're all great) CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 9 2013, 2:03am
                                                                                    Great list if syndromes! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 6:47am
                                                                                        megafeanomania Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 7:48am
                                                                        agreed Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 10:28pm
                                                                            Eowyn onscreen Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 8 2013, 10:33pm
                                                                                ah, thanks Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 10:41pm
                                                                            Eowyn's laugh Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 9 2013, 3:39am
                                                                        Moral luck noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 9:53am
                                                                            moral luck Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 12:30pm
                                                                                More about moral luck noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 1:32pm
                                                                                    Hey, I was poster #350: do I get to lick the paddle? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 1:48pm
                                                                                        ha! : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 1:50pm
                                                                                    in the same vein... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 2:02pm
                                                                            since were talking about females... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 1:20pm
                                                                            Oh, those women, and alternate endings CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 9 2013, 2:17pm
                                                                                It might be a fun writing exercise... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 2:42pm
                                                                                    this would Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 10 2013, 9:41pm
                                                                                        Flash fiction anyone? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 11 2013, 2:32pm
                                                                                    Funny you mention that Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 11 2013, 3:22am
                                                                                        I think it frustrates because stylistically we're left with a half way house noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 11 2013, 6:17am
                                                                                            I like it a lot Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 13 2013, 2:27pm
                                                                                        clean up -- arrrrghhh Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 11 2013, 2:44pm
                                                                                            Don't worry CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 11 2013, 2:55pm
                                                                                                curiousg!! : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 11 2013, 3:30pm
                                                    I dunno CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 9 2013, 1:12am
                                                        Mumak-sized and yet agile and hard to keep up with (That's this thread, not me! ) noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 9:56am
                                                            for future reference, we can call this thread... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 9 2013, 12:31pm
                                            Great analysis of Aredhel's treatment of her guards ltnjmy Send a private message to ltnjmy Jun 10 2013, 5:48pm
                                                Thanks for the kind words, Itnjmy! // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 10 2013, 7:11pm
                                                thanks so much : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 10 2013, 9:40pm
                                                    Of Maeglin - Reply (That is Why this is One of the Greatest Chapters Written by Prof. Tolkien) ltnjmy Send a private message to ltnjmy Jun 11 2013, 2:24pm
                                                        interesting : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 11 2013, 2:39pm
                                                        Hope of the Noldor CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 11 2013, 2:52pm
                                                            hope of the noldor quitntumvirate Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 11 2013, 3:33pm
                                                            Awesome analysis - much better than my previous feeble attempts ltnjmy Send a private message to ltnjmy Jun 11 2013, 6:04pm
                                            Aredhel's guards Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 11 2013, 3:26am
                                                (sorry, i originally replied to the wrong post with this) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 11 2013, 2:47pm
                                                    Glorfindel & Ecthelion Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 13 2013, 2:53pm
        something I noticed, and then some other things telain Send a private message to telain Jun 7 2013, 4:16pm
            largely agreed, telain... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 4:32pm
                number 300!? telain Send a private message to telain Jun 7 2013, 6:05pm
                    agreed Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 7 2013, 6:09pm
                        me, too telain Send a private message to telain Jun 7 2013, 10:50pm
    Just to remark - the next chapter is up! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 9 2013, 10:02am
    Good thread Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 15 2013, 11:20pm
        thanks for reading, na vedui : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 15 2013, 11:35pm
            Characters Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 16 2013, 12:39am
            Reasons why Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 16 2013, 1:06am
                Interesting point noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 16 2013, 10:22am
            Of the naming of the Chapter "Of Maeglin" noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 16 2013, 10:27am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.