Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Possibly depressing poll...which of Tolkien's abandoned/unfinished writings would you have most liked to have seen finished and published in his lifetime?

Poll: Possibly depressing poll...which of Tolkien's abandoned/unfinished writings would you have most liked to have seen finished and published in his lifetime?
The New Shadow
The Lost Road
The Notion Club Papers
The Lay of Leithian (prose or poem versions)
Tal-Elmar
The Silmarillion (obviously!!!)
Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin
Aldarion and Erendis
The Farmer Giles of Ham Sequel
The Fall of Arthur
The 1960 Rewrite of The Hobbit
Narn I Hin Hurin
The Book of Lost Tales
Other
All of them
None
I'm not sure
If he spent more time on these stories, would we have got The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings?
You are right, I am now depressed realising how much went unfinished...
View Results (77 votes)

malickfan
Gondor

Jun 15 2013, 9:51pm

Views: 182
Shortcut
Possibly depressing poll...which of Tolkien's abandoned/unfinished writings would you have most liked to have seen finished and published in his lifetime? Can't Post

Although a part of me is inclined to say all of them, I would have loved to have seen Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin and Aldarion and Erendis completed (probably my two fave stories of his after LOTR) and the Prose version of the Lay of Leithian (I haven't read the whole poem yet, what I have is great...but I prefer narrative stories over poems), whilst A Farmer Giles of Ham sequel, and the 1960 rewrite of The Hobbit would have been intriguing to see, but not totally merited or posistive IMO.

Your Thoughts?

Were you glad or sad so much was left unfinshed?, do you think Tolkien would have been pleased they were publsihed as unfinsihed writings? Or was Tolkien simply too much of a 'niggler' for his own good?

Subject User Time
Possibly depressing poll...which of Tolkien's abandoned/unfinished writings would you have most liked to have seen finished and published in his lifetime? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 15 2013, 9:51pm
    So very difficult! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 15 2013, 10:59pm
        I haven't read the Wanderings of Huin yet, bt it sounds great... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 15 2013, 11:23pm
            Not included Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 15 2013, 11:34pm
                Ah Ok malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 16 2013, 12:08am
                    Let me know what you think! // Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 16 2013, 12:28am
    Of Tuor and his coming to Gondolin Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 17 2013, 8:17pm
        That's mine too. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jun 17 2013, 9:44pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.