AUJ vs DOS

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jun 15 2013, 8:58am

Post #1 of 4 (531 views)
Shortcut
AUJ vs DOS Can't Post

Been thinking on this a bit ...
The basic story is still there with a few minor changes, and the only change in AUJ which bugged me was Azog being alive and chasing Thorin. Heck, if it had been Bolg chasing him, I would have liked it better, and it would have made made more sense to me and kept Bolg as a recurring villain all the way to the BO5A.

DOS seems from the trailer to be lighter on the chase and have more of the actual book events taking place. Albeit with some of PJ's changes, but the nuts and bolts of it will be there for the most part.

I think in stretching it to 3 films he had to add some drama ie Azog's pursuit, which hopefully won't encompass most of DOS.

thought's comments ...???

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 15 2013, 9:21am

Post #2 of 4 (350 views)
Shortcut
I fear it may be the reverse. [In reply to] Can't Post

An Unexpected actuall had a LOT of the book in place. If you took out the oft erroneous addenda, it would be a pretty accurate representation of the first third of the novel.

I agree with you ENTIRELY about Azog and about Bolg. I really hope Azog doesn't go any further than film two, except in potential flashback. It is getting to the point where I become angry when I see him, but not because he is a creep (though he is), just because it gets to feel like having a brazen contradiction rubbed in your face.

Go Home Azog, you're dead!

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2013, 1:47pm

Post #3 of 4 (243 views)
Shortcut
I will say [In reply to] Can't Post

It's early of course but yes I hope Azog is gone in film 2 and that he graphically looked better in this trailer than he did in AUJ the movie. I know it's a teaser trailer and it's early but it was less jarring to me to see him because i felt the graphics were better.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 16 2013, 3:29am

Post #4 of 4 (126 views)
Shortcut
I think AUJ will be more book like [In reply to] Can't Post

The first part i the Shire was so perfect to me that it even had the critics crying of boredom and length!!!! The good morning convo, three trolls, goblins, stone giants, Eagles, GOLLUM!!!!

I have never been fond of elves and I can't wait to get past the Barrel/Azog/Elves over the top scene (though I'm sure it will be a cool and exciting scene). The reason DoS will be much different is because of the Gandalf and DG stuff. It will be different feeling from the book(in a good way imo but still different). Other than that you are correct it appears. Beorn, Mirkwood, spiders, Thranduil, Barrels, Bard, Laketown and SCHMMMMAUUUGGGG. I think the Laketown politics will be greatly amped and feel unfamiliar.

I have basically accepted Azog and try to enjoy him so I am very much intrigued now as to how he will play out. I think he can have a fitting end if they kill him rather soon. Beorn just crushing him early in DoS would be quite symbolic to many. If your point is that the whole Azog chase thing will be over than yes DoS will be 1000x better. We will get him in the barrel scene(I am assuming) and than that will be it for chasing I think. He will go to DG or Gundabad after his second big failure I predict

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.