Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
I really like the idea.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jun 13 2013, 9:34am

Views: 134
Shortcut
I really like the idea. [In reply to] Can't Post

But there's something about Faramir and Eowyn's relationship that I hold dear to my heart. Semper Fi is right - they are in a prince-princess relationship, but it's not cliché at all. They are, to put it bluntly, both broken. Faramir lost his mother at a young age and his father dismissed him for his whole life. Eowyn was was orphaned and most probably shunned for being a woman who bore a love for the sword. (Let's not forget Gríma and whatever it is he really did do to her). To me, the fact that two broken people fresh out of battle can heal together is amazing. It gives hope to more broken people like myself.

"And Eowyn looked at Faramir long and steadily; and Faramir said: 'Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Eowyn! But I do not offer you my pity. For you are a lady high and valiant and have yourself won renown that shall not be forgotten; and you are a lady beautiful, I deem, beyond even the words of the Elven-tongue to tell. And I love you. Once I pitied your sorrow. But now, were you sorrowless, without fear or any lack, were you the blissful Queen of Gondor, still I would love you. Eowyn, do you not love me?'

Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it. And suddenly her winter passed, and the sun shone on her."

But yes, I really like the idea of Merry and Eowyn. It would have been nice to have seen a couple that went against the height rule, as others have said.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale!?"

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Jun 13 2013, 9:35am)

Subject User Time
Merry/Eowyn RachellovesLOTR Send a private message to RachellovesLOTR Jun 9 2013, 5:56am
    While I`m not sure this is a place for shipping, you are not alone Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 9 2013, 11:20am
        Wow CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 9 2013, 9:43pm
            I know that RachellovesLOTR Send a private message to RachellovesLOTR Jun 9 2013, 10:31pm
            No response is ever meager and I agree with what you said Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 10 2013, 2:16am
        I had to look that one up Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 11 2013, 6:41am
            You weren't alone. // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 11 2013, 1:09pm
            I had to look it up as well Nira Send a private message to Nira Jun 20 2013, 3:28am
    They're not a bad 'couple' Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jun 10 2013, 1:12am
        I thought it was totally adorkable when she dressed up him as a little warrior Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 10 2013, 2:18am
            Yes - and an idea Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 10 2013, 2:44am
                Great thinking and very very likely Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 10 2013, 2:19pm
                    semper.... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 10 2013, 6:55pm
                Ooh I love that idea! Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Jun 13 2013, 12:33am
            Yes, she always shows spirit for the right cause. // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 10 2013, 3:13am
    I can almost see it, but not quite... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 10 2013, 3:44pm
    Not sure about this Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jun 10 2013, 5:50pm
    Why not? Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 10 2013, 6:18pm
    hiya : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 10 2013, 6:58pm
    I love their relationship zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 11 2013, 4:47am
    I really like the idea. BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Jun 13 2013, 9:34am
    I like Merry threads Nira Send a private message to Nira Jun 20 2013, 3:32am
        I know right RachellovesLOTR Send a private message to RachellovesLOTR Jun 20 2013, 3:43am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.