The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
My Thoughts step by step as i watch and freeze frame

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2013, 11:27pm

Post #1 of 4 (680 views)
Shortcut
My Thoughts step by step as i watch and freeze frame Can't Post

Nice panoramic of Erebor, but looks a bit computer made. Is it a matte painting?Didnt they film a real mountain?

The Moon door? A bit over the top, but okay...

Obviously a rocky set with actors on the left- it has a physical feel to it- in front of green screen, Dale and the mountain look flat. If it had been a miniature, however...

Thranduil's Halls remind me a bit of Lorien, but otherwise, appears to be an appropriate design.

Thranduil sounds like an interesting character, no surprise here, Lee Pace is a very versatile actor. Looking too plastic and waxy, sadly.

THE KING OF MAJESTICNESS RISES.

Barrels without lids? Bilbo, you betray your company! Wont the Guading elves notice?

Blue fluorescent butterflies? Werent they Black?What is the point, the significant improvement of changing this?

Why does every subtle and magical moment in the novel has to be transformed into another action scene? No concept of engaging or interetsing scenes without hacking and slashing and firing, Jackson?

Why do these elves act and feel like chimps? Obviously digital doubles. Why are there elves where elves are not required?

Can still see the blue paint on the trees in Mirkwood. I think it looks a bit too creepy. Mirkwood is not Fangorn and should have some natural normalcy and a darkness that is a bit more subtle. But its only a short moment and it could be the spider nests.

Digital legolas, why? So he can surf? Is this one of his new moves?

Legolas looks so unnatural this time. The hair, the eyes, hugh, what have they done to him?

The bear, the bear, and the intruding pair! ...Oh, its a home invasion. Another iconic scene and my favourite from the book, down the drain.

Tauriel giving Kili the " i know im an elf, but i find you quite the HOT dwarf, uau!" look. My bet.

Tauriel surfing through Mirkwood. Well, i guess we know who's the Padawan and who's the Master.

"It is not our fight."
"It is our fight."

- Couldnt they write some dialogue that isnt awfully cliched?

Substitute our with my and your and you're in Rambo territory.

Oh look, its that guy, the hobbit! Thats a lot of gold Bilbo. Its worth is greater than all of the shire.

"Its undoubtedly a trap" : More corny lines. This IS an adaptation of Tolkiens literary classic, right?

Halls again, looks promising. One of the few environment shots that didnt look completely computer made or otherwise fake.

Those eyebrows, Thranduil's werewolf, i am saying it right now...

Legolas, the protagonist again...

More APPENDICES.

3D shot of Azog. Still looking very digital and this frame and movement of the camera is straight out of some video game story ive played, im sure.

That other guy again, the hobbit right... Spider nest looks appropriately creepy, and from what little we can tell, the spiders sound disgusting as well.

Thorin entering Erebor? I get a Smaug vision vibe from the round circle of light haha.

Bard. Will Turner in Middle Earth from his looks. Not anywhere near as old, rustic, and withered as i imagined. The rankin bass Brad was quite good i think.

More fight, fight, fight...

The key moment. Thorin maybe. The rocks look like a set.

Crash Bandicoot Moment : Bombur inside his barrel, in midair flight, grabs a cimitar from another flying Orc and crashes, of course, on top of the orc party. Crazy

More Legolas killing all the baddies.

Tauriel doing a Jedi Force Jump.
The Force is strong with this one.

Another comic book moment as a crazed Thrain assaults Gandalf, spider man style.GHaaargh!

Fight, fight, fight, fight, ...

Sound of dragon : another rocky set that looks, again, like a set.

Balin delivering another cliched line. Oh dear Balin...

Smaug : if its the final result, im disappointed. Expected to be blown away. Vermithrax still reigns supreme. I hope they get him better. Its my most anticipated scene...

Where is the hobbits famous stealth? Why all the noise? Is this after the dialogue?

Soulless soundtrack. Very meh.

If this was a video game commercial, i would buy it.

RIP : The Hobbit

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jun 13 2013, 2:52am

Post #2 of 4 (295 views)
Shortcut
The Mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Nice panoramic of Erebor, but looks a bit computer made. Is it a matte painting?Didnt they film a real mountain?

I think they stole it from Paramount.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jun 13 2013, 3:04am

Post #3 of 4 (289 views)
Shortcut
Will Turner [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bard. Will Turner in Middle Earth from his looks.

Funny! See my similar post:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=614431#614431

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2013, 2:05pm

Post #4 of 4 (134 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

very funny comment about Luke Evans similarity with black haired Orlando Bloom.

Honestly, that goatee thing he's sporting gives me the creeps. I think he reminds me a bit of a man i once met who used to attend swing clubs...

As to the mountain, at first i didnt realise what you meant, but now i see it Sly

Whats the point of shooting in New Zealand anymore? Just for the shire and a few mountain shots?

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.