Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I have a question for parents:

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 12 2013, 8:35pm

Views: 159
Shortcut
I have a question for parents: [In reply to] Can't Post

Do young children tend to see things in black and white - for instance, you're either a boy or a girl - or are they instinctively open to shades of grey?

I wonder if Eldarion thinks he has to be one or the other and isn't aware of the continuum of identity.

Regardless, Ro, the only advice I can give you is to take a deep breath and take each day as it comes. If, when he's older, Eldarion does doesn't identify with being a man, there is at least an established support network in NZ for trans-genders. (And then there's Georgina Beyer who became the first trans-gender Mayor and, I think, MP in the world - and NZ's far more tolerant now that it was when Georgina was making great strides in public life.)

Heart

(Also, if you ever want to find out more, one of these links should get you in touch with someone to talk to.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jun 12 2013, 8:37pm)

Subject User Time
Anyone have any words of wisdom? Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jun 12 2013, 9:53am
    Hi Roheryn... dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik Jun 12 2013, 10:45am
    When I was his age, I desperately wanted entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 12 2013, 2:17pm
    Both my boys (ages 12 and 7) AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 12 2013, 2:30pm
    Well Ro.. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jun 12 2013, 6:37pm
    I agree with others here Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jun 12 2013, 7:03pm
    I have a question for parents: Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 12 2013, 8:35pm
    Ah Ro, how tricky but... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 12 2013, 10:16pm
    A bit of a tangent, maybe, Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Jun 12 2013, 10:24pm
    Some thoughts, not necessarily wise. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jun 12 2013, 11:07pm
    I still don't like to wear dresses ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 13 2013, 12:04am
        Oh dear, Gramma, Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 13 2013, 8:45am
            Well, she was kind of a nag ;) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 14 2013, 4:10pm
        LOL! Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 13 2013, 3:25pm
            HA! AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 13 2013, 4:18pm
                my favorite name story Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 13 2013, 11:51pm
                    Love it! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 14 2013, 12:12am
    I don't know about boys... RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Jun 13 2013, 1:10am
        Oh, and I love long hair on men! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Jun 13 2013, 1:15am
        Just a detail. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jun 13 2013, 11:07pm
    My son never said that... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 13 2013, 4:12am
        RosieLass's postscript reminded me Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 13 2013, 4:33am
    My son Rick had shoulder-length hair at that age. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 13 2013, 7:49am
    To everyone... Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jun 13 2013, 8:39am
        They are great responses, aren't they? Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 13 2013, 8:56am
        Your husband told me the cutest story about Eldarion entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 13 2013, 4:15pm
        I certainly agree! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Jun 14 2013, 12:45am
    Gorgeous, long hair... AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 14 2013, 4:08am
        Neat! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jun 14 2013, 8:15am
            The Lipan Apaches AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 14 2013, 1:48pm
    Lots of wise words already zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 14 2013, 6:05am
    Advice? Don't worry.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 14 2013, 3:19pm
    It could mean any number of things hobbitylass Send a private message to hobbitylass Jun 14 2013, 9:15pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.