Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What happened to Smaug?? (Comparison Pics)

MorgolKing
Rivendell

Jun 12 2013, 2:04pm

Views: 1401
Shortcut
What happened to Smaug?? (Comparison Pics) Can't Post

Look at Smaug in AUJ:

http://screencapped.net/movie/lotr/displayimage.php?album=154&pid=504653#top_display_media

Now look at Smaug in the new trailer for DoS:

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-official-teaser-trailer-hd-mp4_000109901.jpg

Look at the size of the eye and nostrils, look at the nostirl in comparison to the top of his mouth...completely different.

Did the dragon in AUJ get eaten by the DoS Smaug?? As others have noted, looking at the one in AUJ I thought Smaug's figure was going to be much more streamlined and it was a look I was dying to see.

I'm afraid this might be a case like the With King's mace...PJ kept telling them to make it bigger. What I'm SHOCKED by is that Smaug has undergone design changes in the last 8 months.

(This post was edited by MorgolKing on Jun 12 2013, 2:07pm)

Subject User Time
What happened to Smaug?? (Comparison Pics) MorgolKing Send a private message to MorgolKing Jun 12 2013, 2:04pm
    This is why... Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jun 12 2013, 2:07pm
        lol, seriously? MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jun 12 2013, 3:44pm
            When Pete made King Kong One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Jun 12 2013, 6:10pm
                but we only saw smaug's snout and eye MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jun 13 2013, 3:47pm
    The images are not too detailed telcontar7 Send a private message to telcontar7 Jun 12 2013, 2:09pm
        Not trying to be rude... MorgolKing Send a private message to MorgolKing Jun 12 2013, 2:15pm
            Eyeball and nostrill telcontar7 Send a private message to telcontar7 Jun 12 2013, 3:18pm
    It was pretty obvious Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jun 12 2013, 2:12pm
        Didn't know. MorgolKing Send a private message to MorgolKing Jun 12 2013, 2:18pm
            I'm guessing Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jun 12 2013, 2:25pm
    Slightly off-the-wall idea: a tribute to Ray Harryhausen? DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Jun 12 2013, 2:19pm
    Does not bother me... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 12 2013, 2:47pm
    I don't think we've seen enough... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 12 2013, 4:41pm
        little better view of him deskp Send a private message to deskp Jun 12 2013, 5:35pm
            Cool MorgolKing Send a private message to MorgolKing Jun 12 2013, 5:39pm
                He looks flat // Erally Send a private message to Erally Jun 12 2013, 5:48pm
    Who cares? Smaug just like Gollum. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jun 12 2013, 6:17pm
    liked AUJ better Brennil Caladiel Send a private message to Brennil Caladiel Jun 12 2013, 11:22pm
    His nostril becomes almost half when he inhales, as you can see at the very last second in the trailer... Earl Send a private message to Earl Jun 13 2013, 12:39am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.