Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Geeky observations. Mostly regarding weapons.

Azaghâl
Rivendell

Jun 12 2013, 1:12pm

Views: 453
Shortcut
Geeky observations. Mostly regarding weapons. Can't Post

I made a weapons observations list back when AUJ was released, so I thought I would give it another go, although this is only a trailer.

To start of this section I would like to begin with this theory(though it is kinda obvious). The dwarves lose all their weapons either at the spider attack or when they are imprissoned in Thranduil's halls. They are given new weapons (and clothes) during their stay in Laketown. This can be seen throughout the trailer and I will try to clarify.

-Thorin is leaning on a sword, in the Dale clip, which is not Orcrist. It seems to be a man-made style of sword.

- Dwalin is carrying an axe or mace-like weapon. Also in the Dale clip.

-Dori is carrying a long sword on his back, far longer than any we have seen him with prior to this point. From the Dale clip.

- Ori defends against Beorn with his slingshot (lol, he should have learned by now Tongue ).

- Thorin is using an orc sword during the barrel escape. Most likely he snatched it from one of the attackers. This proves that Thranduil will take Orcrist, just like in the book.

- Kili is carrying a bow during the barrel escape.

-The dwarf that gets thrown through the air in his barrel snatches an orc axe midair. (It looks like either Dori or Bombur).

-Azog is not carrying any weapon(!).

-Two man-made swords are seen outside the hidden door when Balin says his lines. Also Bifur is carrying a sword of a kind.

- The standard elven soldiers seems to be using the same bow as Tauriel was using in the promo shot from last week.

-Legolas has his two white knifes from LotR, but his bow seems to be different. Kinda hard to tell.

Other geeky observations:

-As people have concluded, no, the statue the company climbs is not one of the two in front of the main gate. An interesting thing though, the statue seems to have the same kind of beard decoration that Thror had. On a side note, what a cool and unique staircase they use to climb the statue!

Feel free to contribute.

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Subject User Time
Geeky observations. Mostly regarding weapons. Azaghâl Send a private message to Azaghâl Jun 12 2013, 1:12pm
    What about the sword Gandalf is holding in the DG shot... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Jun 12 2013, 1:45pm
        I think it is Glamdring Azaghâl Send a private message to Azaghâl Jun 12 2013, 2:39pm
    Excellent!! :D I'll be back again, and again... THANKS! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 12 2013, 4:14pm
    Armors Anubis Send a private message to Anubis Jun 12 2013, 4:21pm
        Wen you talk about the Mirkwood armour..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 12 2013, 8:17pm
            they are mirkwood deskp Send a private message to deskp Jun 12 2013, 9:20pm
                OK, thanks dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 12 2013, 9:57pm
    Legolas' bow... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 12 2013, 4:41pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.