Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where's Bolg?

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jun 12 2013, 1:03pm

Post #1 of 5 (363 views)
Shortcut
Where's Bolg? Can't Post

I really liked the new trailer but one thing missing was Bolg, he's also been barely mentioned by cast or crew, I really hope he hasn't been written out in place of Azog, I actually quite like Azog but I think Bolg looks way more scary in fact he's possibly the most bad ass looking orc of all the films so would b a real shame if he's been ditched or if if his part has been made smaller. Here's hoping they are just saving him for the film itself.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

sycorax82
Rohan

Jun 12 2013, 5:08pm

Post #2 of 5 (136 views)
Shortcut
I'm guessing he has a small role in DoS but is mainly in TaBA [In reply to] Can't Post

He's definitely going to be the orc leader in the Bo5A. I don't see how it could go any other way. Azog will be dead by then.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Jun 12 2013, 7:30pm

Post #3 of 5 (81 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Bolg's primary role will be in TABA as well.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 12 2013, 8:05pm

Post #4 of 5 (71 views)
Shortcut
Sharpening his weapons ready for the battle // [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil05
The Shire

Jun 12 2013, 10:41pm

Post #5 of 5 (54 views)
Shortcut
Let's not forget about Dain... [In reply to] Can't Post

My thinking is this...

- Azog is obviously killed by Dain who is being played by Billy Connolly.
- According to IMDB, Connolly has been credited in DoS despite us hearing as little about Dain as we have about Bolg.
- Maybe Dain will make an appearance in DoS to kill Azog, thus paving the way for Bolg in TaBA.
- After all, if Smaug and Azog are both killed in DoS, they'll need more than the Necromancer on the evil side in TaBA.

Hope that sounds logical :)

I also prefer the look of Bolg to Azog. It's amazing how much scarier and more intimidating Bolg looks solely with make-up and prosthetics than Azog looks entirely with CGI!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.