Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Azog vs Lurtz

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jun 2 2013, 8:52pm

Post #1 of 6 (958 views)
Shortcut
Azog vs Lurtz Can't Post

I've always considered Azog to be much bigger than Lurtz but I think I've been misleading myself by the fact that we've only really seen Azog stood next to dwarves, whereas we saw Lurtz stood next to men/wizards.

Actually, they are both around 7ft. Saruman is described as being 6.7ft is the official movie guide and Lurtz is a bit bigger than him. Azog is also described as being around 7ft.

Azog freaks out big time when he has his arm cut off by Thorin. Lurtz doesn't bat an eyelid when Aragorn does the same to him.

Therefore I'm going for Lurtz.

"Durin's Heir you may be, but even with one eye you should see clearer. If this is victory, then our hands are too small to hold it. We will not enter Khazad-dum. You will not enter Khazad-dum. Beyond the shadow of the gate it waits for you still: Durin’s Bane. The world must change and some other power than ours must come before Durin’s Folk walk again in Moria.”

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jun 3 2013, 12:24pm

Post #2 of 6 (746 views)
Shortcut
Lurtz [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Uruk-hai more. Lurtz was "bred" to be tough (That is, movie context with the slimy Uruk pits and what not).

Then again, it's pretty scary when a dwarf manages to cut off such a big orc's hand. It seemed that Azog underestimated the dwarves.
Lurtz would fight to the death.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Jun 3 2013, 12:25pm)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jun 3 2013, 7:42pm

Post #3 of 6 (732 views)
Shortcut
Based on the film, [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog would crush Lurtz.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 4 2013, 2:39am

Post #4 of 6 (718 views)
Shortcut
Depends [In reply to] Can't Post

Long range im going with Lurtz. Short range Azog would mace the crap out of Lurtz. Seriously Azog looks to be build unlike any other orc or uruk we have seen.

Luinnár
Rivendell

Jun 11 2013, 8:00pm

Post #5 of 6 (766 views)
Shortcut
I say Azog. [In reply to] Can't Post

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 28 2013, 4:22pm

Post #6 of 6 (684 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Dain was a greater warrior than Aragorn.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.