Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Northern Mine Barrage :
DoS trailer: posting etiquette, please read

Eledhwen
Terror of the Seas / Moderator

Jun 11 2013, 7:19am

Post #1 of 5 (1558 views)
Shortcut
DoS trailer: posting etiquette, please read Can't Post

With the DoS trailer now imminent the admins would just like to remind everyone about posting etiquette. Please check the board before posting your new observation about the trailer in a new thread. Chances are, someone's already commented on just that point in an existing thread. Once a thread is up with a link to the trailer, we will be removing duplicate threads.

Remember everyone is entitled to their views, positive or negative. Do engage in debate and discussion, but if posts start to descend into attacks on board members or on members of the production team, we will edit or delete as necessary. Please refrain from using swear words, and remember English is not everyone's first language so be patient with your fellow Tornadoes.

Also, the boards may slow down if we get heavy traffic when the trailer's live. Please be patient, and if need be, go away and do something else (I know it's hard!) until things have eased up a bit. (Hint for those that like to read threads in 'threaded' mode: the forums will load faster if you temporarily set the "Default post display" in your Display Settings options in your profile to 'flat' mode).

Most importantly, enjoy the trailer and the speculation for the next few months before we get to see the next film!

Storm clouds

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jun 11 2013, 4:08pm)

Lusitano
Sailing Master

Jun 11 2013, 2:33pm

Post #2 of 5 (521 views)
Shortcut
Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

i have a doubt, please:

"attacks on members of the production team"

What would constitute an unnacceptable attack of this kind?

Thanks

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

entmaiden
Terror of the Seas / Moderator

Jun 11 2013, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 5 (511 views)
Shortcut
Similar to attacks on board members [In reply to] Can't Post

Comments that attribute intent to the production team - "Peter doesn't care about the fans and is out to make as much money as possible". But "This trailer has nothing to do with Tolkien and the movie is going to be terrible!" is acceptable.

If you stay within our TOS, which is to criticize the trailer itself and not the people who made it, you should be fine.

Lusitano
Sailing Master

Jun 11 2013, 4:19pm

Post #4 of 5 (491 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

to be honest, such a comment like the first one you point out is incredibly common in fandoms.

There are adaptations in which one can tell that the director or producer is not as interested in being faithfull or cares about fandoms, at all.

Especially because a piece of art, can often reveal the intent, or effort or designs behind it.

Also, i take it you mean the person, with respect to private person. Discussing directors and writers weaknesses or stenghts or diretcors philophies and styles its not tredding into personal slanders, i think.

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

JWPlatt
Boatswain

Jun 12 2013, 3:50am

Post #5 of 5 (781 views)
Shortcut
Signs [In reply to] Can't Post

An old friend of mine visited some years ago and, for the first time, saw signs on the road saying, "Beware Of Aggressive Drivers."

He said to me, "Has law enforcement pretty much given up on the quality of drivers around here?" LOL

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.