The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Do you think that...

Rogash
Bree

Dec 22 2007, 8:59pm

Post #1 of 6 (875 views)
Shortcut
Do you think that... Can't Post

The 76% (or more),can make change the mind of Peter Jackson about the Hobbit,so direct it ?

Patty
Immortal

Dec 22 2007, 9:04pm

Post #2 of 6 (689 views)
Shortcut
I think he already knows that the majority of us want him to... [In reply to] Can't Post

we just don't know all that's weighing on him.

We'll know more soon.

For Gondor!

labingi_maura
Rivendell

Dec 22 2007, 9:57pm

Post #3 of 6 (684 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't worry too much [In reply to] Can't Post

because as "executive producer" PJ will have all the creative input he desires. The film is his baby; that title gives him pretty much all the power. Don't forget, PJ had other "unit directors" working for him on LOTR, and that system worked out fine. I trust that any director or directors he chooses to work with him on TH and the segue films will be looking to PJ to give the films his overall creative vision.
-ML

"I am in fact a hobbit in all but size." - J.R.R.Tolkien

SandWitch King
Rohan

Dec 23 2007, 6:01am

Post #4 of 6 (645 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow we are an angsty group aren't we?!

I wish my name was "Barrow Wong". Maybe I should change it. And now for my quote:

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck."

Elven
Valinor

Dec 23 2007, 11:22am

Post #5 of 6 (627 views)
Shortcut
Early days ... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I have a gut feeling the first name we see on the screen credit list will be Peter Jackson or Fran Walsh .... or both.

Elven x

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

merklynn
Lorien

Dec 26 2007, 6:31pm

Post #6 of 6 (640 views)
Shortcut
Patience [In reply to] Can't Post

Jerry Bruckheimer likes to stamp his name on everything too... but I think Jackson will be much more involved than a typical Executive Producer. Again, "don't panic". It's Xmas. We shouldn't expect anything more concrete on the Hobbit movies for another couple of weeks. Sly

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.