Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
First Official Call for Submissions (please read since some changes since last week)

TORn Amateur Symposium
Bree

Jun 9 2013, 11:41am

Views: 352
Shortcut
First Official Call for Submissions (please read since some changes since last week) Can't Post

Hello again all TORn Wielders of Pens (and keyboards).

We hope that you like our official TAS id and logo- all queries and posts and later, discussions are now to be posted only on threads with the TAS id or PM'd to us via the TAS threads- details below

A brief reminder- please send in your essays or other written work 500-2000 words on Tolkien related topics. These are a little different from the usual posts in that they reflect our personal approaches to Tolkien's world through the prism of our own interests, jobs etc. For example, Daniel, who (as most of us know) is a meteorologist, is writing about an issue on climate in Arda. I am a medic and am writing on concepts of healing in Arda. In other cases, people are writing character studies on those not so frequently discussed, or comparing and contrasting the natural world of Arda to our own, for example. There are as many topics out there as there are people on the boards, but do not be put off submitting because you think somebody else might be writing on the same topic. It's virtually guaranteed that there will be different points of view which will make discussion more interesting

How To Post-
This has changed a little since the instructions on last week's post since we not only have this TAS id, but also a TAS email address
1) Please submit your pieces via the TAS email address, which is tornamateursymposium@gmail.com
2) If possible, submit your pieces as Word or other document format attached to your email, rather than in the body of the email

Brethil, DanielLB and me elaen32 all have access to the email account and to the TAS account and will be reading and responding to emails/postings and queries on a rota basis

When To Post
Don't panic yet- this is just the first call- the closing date is JULY 14th- so some time yet!!
If you have already told us you are going to submit something, but realise you are not going to complete it in time, please let us know as soon as you can. We are planning another symposium in the autumn and you can always submit your work to that one. Obviously we do need as many as possible this time too!
If you are working on something but haven't already let us know your topic, it is not too late, so please continue!

Queries
If you have queries or concerns, please send a PM via the TAS id- it will be read by Brethil, Daniel or me, depending on who is "on duty" to look at these and we will answer as soon as possible. Please try and give us a little time to respond, since we may be at work or not otherwise in a position to give an immediate answer. If, however, you think that your query would be of more general interest to others, then you can also post it as a reply to this, or subsequent TAS threads.

Happy Scribblings to All!!

ElaenSmile

Subject User Time
First Official Call for Submissions (please read since some changes since last week) TORn Amateur Symposium Send a private message to TORn Amateur Symposium Jun 9 2013, 11:41am
    I may have to wait until the fall symposium :( Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Jun 13 2013, 11:50pm
        Yes, you will be all incomunnicado and expedition-y! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 13 2013, 11:56pm
            Oh I will! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Jun 14 2013, 12:01am
                Cool - I look forward to your Adventure report! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 14 2013, 12:05am
                Maybe dragons are the ones melting the glaciers? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 14 2013, 1:06am
        No worries Aragalen elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 14 2013, 4:45am
            Thank you all! and...I'm off!!! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Jun 14 2013, 4:22pm
                Last wave goodbye!!! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 14 2013, 4:38pm
                    Yes, have a good time. Remember the bear bells! // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 14 2013, 9:07pm
    with a bit of arm-twisting... telain Send a private message to telain Jun 14 2013, 2:35pm
        MILD, affectionate arm-twisting...// Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 14 2013, 2:38pm
            Absolutely! telain Send a private message to telain Jun 14 2013, 2:47pm
        Sounds good to me telain!// elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 14 2013, 4:08pm
        Looking forward to it!! (Can I let go of your arm now ?...) // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 14 2013, 9:11pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.