Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
tolkien pick up lines??
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

boldog
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 7:51am

Post #1 of 27 (1166 views)
Shortcut
tolkien pick up lines?? Can't Post

have you ever tried to figure out something nice to say to that crush who you've always had your eyes on?
are you lost for words as to what to say?
why not try something sweet based on Tolkiens lore! (hopefully your crush knows a bit about Tolkien or your stuffed Blush)
so what are some pick up lines that you can think of based on Tolkien lore? imagine say, for example Elronds pick up line to celebrianWink!
this is mine so no using it..........." your beauty radiates brighter than the silmarills of feanor"
any way what are some pick up lines you can think of? be creatie!Smile

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Thranderz
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 8:33am

Post #2 of 27 (837 views)
Shortcut
I'll show you... [In reply to] Can't Post

...my One ring!!! Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 8:44am

Post #3 of 27 (815 views)
Shortcut
I love threads like these. [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone call Eru, because I think he's missing a Vala...

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale!?"

Balrogslunch
The Shire

Jun 8 2013, 8:53am

Post #4 of 27 (810 views)
Shortcut
maybe not a good one to say [In reply to] Can't Post

You look like a troll.......your beauty should be set in stone....

ahhh thats why i havent had any success ;)

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 8:53am

Post #5 of 27 (835 views)
Shortcut
Some more really cheesy ones... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know the way to Mordor? You see, I don't have a map and I just got lost in your eyes.
Are your ears always that pointy or are you just happy to see me?
So Aragorn - I heard Gondor has no king and needs no king. Does this mean you're free on Friday?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, but I like more than half of you just as much as you deserve. Wink

"You have my sword."
"Which one?"
Blush

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale!?"

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Jun 8 2013, 8:55am)

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 12:44pm

Post #6 of 27 (722 views)
Shortcut
er [In reply to] Can't Post

i can safely say all these pick up lines , will result in a definitive NO.

did i just log into a tolkien discussion board or some kind of dodgy youth chat room lol

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 1:15pm

Post #7 of 27 (714 views)
Shortcut
Word of caution. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you think that Tolkien inspired pick up lines are going to lead anywhere good, then you truly have entered the realms of fantasy. (Unless you want to end up with someone who dresses up at the weekends - but not in a good way).

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 8 2013, 1:16pm

Post #8 of 27 (724 views)
Shortcut
Please keep the responses "clean", folks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least reasonably so...anything that would embarass an Admin will have to be removed...Blush

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

paperC
Rivendell

Jun 8 2013, 3:01pm

Post #9 of 27 (695 views)
Shortcut
Whyy... [In reply to] Can't Post

..did you delete the Mines of Moria joke?

This board is getting ridiculously strict. I thought the majority of Tolkien fans was progressive, loving" hippies", but this board seems to hold a very disturbingly conservative attitude.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 8 2013, 3:38pm

Post #10 of 27 (695 views)
Shortcut
Even the two posters admitted [In reply to] Can't Post

their jokes were rude - and they were right! Laugh It's not a "conservative" attitude, it's a family friendly attitude. We may be progressive, loving "hippies," but we're family friendly progressive, loving "hippies" here at TORn

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jun 8 2013, 4:02pm)

silneldor
Half-elven

Jun 8 2013, 4:09pm

Post #11 of 27 (658 views)
Shortcut
My! I didn't know Altaira had a look-a-like beautiful twin sister *blink,blink...sigh*\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 8 2013, 4:33pm

Post #12 of 27 (631 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel's Your GrandMother? Really...// [In reply to] Can't Post

paperC
Rivendell

Jun 8 2013, 6:35pm

Post #13 of 27 (622 views)
Shortcut
I don't understand.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..what you mean by family friendly? Do young kids read these boards, and if so would they even understand the references? And if they did, what's the harm?

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 8 2013, 8:51pm

Post #14 of 27 (601 views)
Shortcut
From the TOS [In reply to] Can't Post

The relevant one here is:

2. We strive to maintain a “family friendly” atmosphere that is welcoming to users of all ages. That means no cursing, swearing, excessive sexual innuendo or posting pics that contain nudity. Basically, if it’s not allowed during prime family-watching time on TV (roughly a PG rating), it’s not appropriate here. Additionally, links posted by users that lead to sites that do not hold to the same family friendly standards may be edited or deleted at the discretion of the board Admins/Moderators. An official link from TORn's front page (including News from Bree posts) to another site is a referral to the linked article/information only. We cannot guarantee the quality or family-friendly nature of other site content, including user comments. Please use your own discretion when following links to external sites.

And yes we may well have young readers here - and we wish to maintain the integrity of friendly nature of these boards.

Oh and dont forget number 1 either...

1. Decisions of moderators and administrators are final.

" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

boldog
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 11:04pm

Post #15 of 27 (568 views)
Shortcut
sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

my son was on my laptop and he thought it would be funny to write a thread about this. I gave him a good chat and he wont do it again. sorry for the inconvineance.
cheers Boldog

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jun 8 2013, 11:22pm

Post #16 of 27 (574 views)
Shortcut
A few [In reply to] Can't Post

The following lines aren't supposed to work as pick up lines (after all, pick up lines never work as pick up lines, as they are invariably cheesy, forced, and self-defeating even if somehow not offensive). The goal would be to start a conversation, probably a humorous conversation about Tolkien, and not to convert a stranger into a conquest or a future spouse. I thought of them only for the sake of the thread:

--"Mellon. Elvish for 'friend'. I was hoping to enter a conversation with you by speaking that....?"

--(Upon noticing her drink) "It comes in pints???" (If she doesn't get it, she's not my type.)

--"Hello, I'm (name). I was quite nearly about to call out Tinuviel! Tinuviel! but that would never work!"

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Jun 9 2013, 12:46am

Post #17 of 27 (553 views)
Shortcut
Was wondering where you've been, R_T! [In reply to] Can't Post

All of your choices would work very well at a gathering of like-minded folk. I would definitely answer to melll-lllon - or Tinuviel - so you might be on to something.
And anybody who started with "It comes in pints???!!!" would have me laughing, a very good beginning, indeed.
Cheers
Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 9 2013, 3:50am

Post #18 of 27 (540 views)
Shortcut
Walk up to anyone with a pipe and say, "Gotta light?" [In reply to] Can't Post

Cripes! That would mean I could target a Ranger, a Wizard or two, hobbits, dwarves... no elves, though.

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

CuriousG
Valinor

Jun 9 2013, 4:14pm

Post #19 of 27 (514 views)
Shortcut
Cheesy? Those are hilarious. Probably not in RL, however. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 9 2013, 6:30pm

Post #20 of 27 (495 views)
Shortcut
You schmoozer you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughCool

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 9 2013, 6:33pm

Post #21 of 27 (502 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Welcome back, RT! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you haven't lost your edge. Smile

Joe-Mathews
Rivendell

Jun 9 2013, 10:40pm

Post #22 of 27 (511 views)
Shortcut
Good line for a dwarf! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're a girl: "Hey, nice beard!"
If you're a guy: "Hey, nice beard!"

Wink

'There is some woe that lies upon you... Why will you not tell me more?'
'For that woe is past,' said Galadriel; 'and I would take what joy is here left, untroubled by memory. And maybe there is woe enough yet to come, thought still hope may seem bright.'

sador
Half-elven

Jun 10 2013, 5:56am

Post #23 of 27 (476 views)
Shortcut
"Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But my father loves them,' said Túrin, 'and he is not happy without them. He says that we have learned all that we know from them, and have been made a nobler people; and he says that the Men that have lately come over the Mountains are little better than Orcs.'
'That is true,' answered Sador; 'true at least of some of us. But the up-climbing is painful, and from high places it is easy to fall low.'

Who was right?
Join us in the Reading Room, for the discussion of Of the Coming of Men into the West, beginning on June 9!

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 10 2013, 3:57pm

Post #24 of 27 (459 views)
Shortcut
Give me your name, baby, and I will give you mine, and more besides! // [In reply to] Can't Post

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Jun 11 2013, 12:04pm

Post #25 of 27 (448 views)
Shortcut
From your footer: 'There is some woe that lies upon you... Will you not tell me more?' [In reply to] Can't Post

…though I guess you're asking for it if s/he has a whole pile of boring troubles.

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimë I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.