Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD

Brethil
Half-elven

May 28 2013, 1:32am

Views: 97
Shortcut
SCOD [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi All and welcome to this weeks SCOD

1. What do you think of the contrast between everyone else looking to the sky and Frodo staring creepily ahead? Frodo doesn't have to look around to see the demons! They are right there in his head. which is creepy. Very.

2. Why do you think only Gollum was bound? I think the Rangers of Ithilien get a vibe from Gollum, of murder and malice, that they simply don't get from Hobbits, even if they are a bit unsure of the Hobbits.

3. Does this scene work for you? Well I hadn't considered the logistics as much until now... so there is that difficulty. But purely as a scene in its own right, yes it does. Especially as it sets the stage for Sam to do some needed tale telling; and for Frodo to show how he has changed, and what the Ring let's him see. I love that when Frodo goes *very* creepy and eye-rolling, Faramir has a look of startled horror on his face. Serious business going on, and I like that he takes these Hobbits seriously.

4. Any other comments? Sméagol looks so very pitiful in this scene, so skinny and bedraggled (even more than usual.) One of the times I really felt physical 'pain' for him. Even though I know what's bugging him the most is not being able to tear our Frodo's throat, grab the Ring and run. And I like the extension of the cold 'twilight' coloring we talked about recently.

Cheers
Kel xHeart Thanks Kel!!!!!!!! Angelic

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

Subject User Time
SCOD - Gollum, Sam, Frodo and Rangers in Osgiliath Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin May 27 2013, 4:08am
    Re: dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik May 27 2013, 12:41pm
        Maybe?..just Maybe Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 27 2013, 2:49pm
    The only thing I didn't like about this scene.... Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian May 27 2013, 6:18pm
    SCOD Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 28 2013, 1:32am
        Smeagol Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme May 29 2013, 5:48pm
            Oh I so agree! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 29 2013, 6:57pm
    Well Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 29 2013, 2:27pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.