Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
SAST Quiz #18

Roheryn
Grey Havens

May 27 2013, 9:05pm

Views: 352
Shortcut
SAST Quiz #18 Can't Post

*Ro tiptoes in, trusty torch at the ready once again* Hail and well met, quiztakers! Welcome to our penultimate The Hobbit Short Attention Span Theatre quiz. With only two chapters left to cover, if you’ve been keeping track, you probably guessed which one we’re doing this week: Chapter 5, Riddles in the Dark. Thus (if you’ve paid attention!) you should know what’s coming up next week. Got your riddling-caps on? Good. Torches and headlamps ready? Excellent -- they sure are getting a lot of use in these quizzes – I never stopped to consider before how much of this book takes places underground or in otherwise dark and dodgy places. Now, you know the drill: SAST quizzes are utterly and indubitably CLOSED BOOK *glares sternly over quizmistress glasses* meaning you MAY NOT sneak a peek (or peek at a sneak, even if you’re so inclined) at anything, book or otherwise. Suspected cheaters will be left behind for Gollum’s next meal, and will never, EVER get another look at Thorin’s hair! Quiz closes in three days, questions worth one point each, and bribes are always and most welcome. Headlamps on and off you go!

*Ro tiptoes down tunnel, wistfully wishing there were at least one Dwarf in this chapter*

1. Bilbo finds himself alone in the Goblin tunnels. He continues down and down, until he does something suddenly that pulls him up sharp and short. What?

2. Where does Gollum make his home, such as it is?

3. What’s the answer to this riddle? “It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,/ Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. / It lies behind stars and under hills,/ And empty holes it fills./ It comes first and follows after,/ Ends life, kills laughter.”

4. When Bilbo asks his last question, “What have I got in my pocket?”, Gollum guesses four things in his three guesses. Name all four of these things. [Must get all four for credit!]

5. As Bilbo is making his escape from the Goblins, he gets himself stuck in the doorway between the door and the doorpost. What part of his clothing does he lose when he gives a terrific squirm and manages to free himself?

Answers & Results to Quiz #17 to be posted here later today when I get a chance!

Subject User Time
SAST Quiz #18 Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 27 2013, 9:05pm
    I know for a fact that you don't wear glasses entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 27 2013, 9:28pm
        *pffffffft* Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 29 2013, 6:28am
    Answer#18 Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust May 28 2013, 12:05am
    Next to last :<( Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 May 28 2013, 12:18am
    This seems familiar... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 28 2013, 12:56am
        Peter Rabbit Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 2 2013, 10:54pm
    *cracks knuckles* Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua May 28 2013, 1:03am
    Hobbit Trek: SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC May 28 2013, 1:54am
    Riddle me this, Bilbo Esmeralda Send a private message to Esmeralda May 28 2013, 2:44am
    No Dwarves....?!! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 28 2013, 2:55am
    Hmmm... Let's see... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 May 28 2013, 6:02am
        I know that feeling of immense relief only too well... sador Send a private message to sador May 28 2013, 10:27am
    Riddle me this... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 28 2013, 9:23am
    Eighteen down, one to go, yess, yess sador Send a private message to sador May 28 2013, 10:12am
    I'll be sorry when these are done Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth May 28 2013, 6:14pm
    Are we lost Precious? elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 May 28 2013, 8:34pm
    Interesting questions Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee May 28 2013, 10:53pm
    #18 Nira Send a private message to Nira May 29 2013, 3:39am
        LOL! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jun 2 2013, 2:25am
    Down with the dearth of dwarves! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 29 2013, 11:40am
    Hmmmmm. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 29 2013, 2:09pm
    Answers Quiz #18 The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony May 29 2013, 6:08pm
    No dwaves, no elves... Elwen Send a private message to Elwen May 29 2013, 8:46pm
    Try 18 Elessar Send a private message to Elessar May 30 2013, 6:31pm
    18 already? Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode May 31 2013, 5:34am
    JustBarely made it... Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel May 31 2013, 6:23am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.