Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
It's May 25th and that means...

RangerLady23
Lorien

May 25 2013, 7:04pm

Post #1 of 6 (571 views)
Shortcut
It's May 25th and that means... Can't Post

That the Return of the King released here in Colorado 9 years ago today! Hard to believe that my baby is growing up so fast. I thought I would take a moment to honor it by saying a few things about how the trilogy has helped me and enhanced my life in these years.
I watched the Fellowship of the Ring at my mothers prompting in February 2004 and in March I read the book and right after that I started writing poetry and never before had I shown any signs of being a poet. Thank you Tolkien!
The Lord of the Rings is a constant that I always find myself turning to whenever something has gone wrong or my life has sunk into a pit of despair. I always thing of them when I feel sad, left out or useless.
I am terrified of spiders and whenever I am facing one or I get scared by one, I tell myself to think of Frodo or Bilbo or Aragorn and somehow I am able to go on doing around the creepy old things. Pirate
I feel my heart soar at the music in the films and I feel like a protective parent over the books and treat them like the treasures they are.
I feel out of place with many things and in many places but I always feel like I am home and that I belong in the world of LotR. I may not be the smartest cookie in the box all the time and people may think I am awkward but get me talking about Tolkien and IO am anything but!
Thank God for Tolkien and thank God for Peter Jackson. They have both been blessings for me and I don't know where I would be without them. I am so thankful that I had LotR and TORN when I lost my dear, dear Granny in January. I don't think I would have made it without both of them.
May Tolkien forever be in our hearts and minds and may the beauty of Middle-earth never diminish.
Namarie and Happy Return of the King Day!!!!
RangerLady23
Feel free to share your own LotR love stories!

(This post was edited by RangerLady23 on May 25 2013, 7:05pm)

flameofudun
Lorien

May 26 2013, 12:46am

Post #2 of 6 (202 views)
Shortcut
it is also [In reply to] Can't Post

ian mckellens birthday!

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

demnation
Rohan

May 26 2013, 6:30am

Post #3 of 6 (146 views)
Shortcut
Well Said! [In reply to] Can't Post

I share you sentiments.

My Sam Gamgee is indeed a reflexion of the English soldier, of the privates and batmen I knew in the 1914 war, and recognized as so far superior to myself- J.R.R. Tolkien

dijomaja
Lorien

May 26 2013, 10:24am

Post #4 of 6 (157 views)
Shortcut
agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

One thing I've noticed over the years is the way this story, book or film, keeps coming back to me with new meaning. Good stuff.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 27 2013, 1:48am

Post #5 of 6 (102 views)
Shortcut
Totally true [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lord of the Rings is one of the things, besides music, that keeps me sane. It's given me so much inspiration. After I got more and more into Tolkien, I also became more and more aware that I wanted to be a musician. It has helped me out, and is something I turn to when I'm happy, sad, angry, just like music! It's a part of my life, and in my opinion one of the best pieces of literature written.

Arthael
Lorien

May 27 2013, 5:47am

Post #6 of 6 (130 views)
Shortcut
My birthday too!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Turned 25 on the 25th. WILD! haha I had no idea I shared a birthday with him!

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.