Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Three main action sequences for DOS

Anubis
Rivendell

May 24 2013, 9:08am

Views: 1090
Shortcut
Three main action sequences for DOS Can't Post

Iīm constantly trying to classify things, and turns out I realized there are 3 main action sequences in each movie. By action sequences I mean battles in which somebody eventually dies (good or evil), usually a first one which doesnīt adds much to the plot, a middle one which stops evil temporarily and a final one which ends a threat. So for example Weathertop wouldnīt count. They would be:

FOTR: Last Alliance, Balinīs Tomb, Amon Hen
TT: wargs, Helmīs Deep, Last march of the Ents
ROTK: Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, Fields of Pelennor
UJ: Azanulbizar, trolls, Goblintown

In my mind, Pelennor and Minas Tirith are two separate battles, filmed in different styles and shown at different times(one, then the other), while Black Gate was not shown much. I mean, Pelennor alone is much bigger than Amon Hen.

Having said this, the obvious question is: what are the 3 main for DOS?

For starters, we have Smaug. He could die at the end, after a big battle. The problem is that I donīt know how PJ is going to represent the battle. He could pull out some scenes of dwarves trying to get on the dragon (hope not) and eventually the arrow. Soldiers running around, some screams, houses on fire... To portray a dragon attack is harder than it sounds. That is why I think he might, just might, introduce some orcs and stuff attacking Laketown, Helmīs Deep style. And the dessert would be the dragon, so to speak.

Bear in mind this is just pure speculation. Even if Smaug is one of the three, there are still two left. Most of us have seen the sneak peek, so we have seen the elves battling the orcs in Mirkwood. That could be one, I saw quite a bit of stunts. It could be the introductory one. Spiders are not likely, since I expect the battle to be shorter than elves vs orcs.

Finally, what could be the third one? Well, there has been a lot of talk about Dol Guldur, but the thing is, that would leave us without a potential battle in TABA. We only know of the five armiesībattle, so it is a bit unlikely.

However they could divide the battle of Dol Guldur in two parts. Maybe Dol Guldur goes in the offensive in this movie, or maybe itīs just the white council attacking and failing (Galadriel carrying Gandalf) and in the next movie they could introduce the real battle.

Of course, this is all assuming there are just three main battles. Angelic

Thoughts?

Subject User Time
Three main action sequences for DOS Anubis Send a private message to Anubis May 24 2013, 9:08am
    Only three? I think there are more Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur May 24 2013, 10:02am
    If we go by three main action sequences Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë May 24 2013, 10:47am
        What about the white council? Anubis Send a private message to Anubis May 26 2013, 8:06pm
    Re: three DoS action sequences dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik May 24 2013, 12:33pm
        I see what you mean Anubis Send a private message to Anubis May 26 2013, 8:15pm
            re: dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik May 26 2013, 9:05pm
            Action is great when it advances the plot and develops characters Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi May 26 2013, 9:25pm
    Although I am not sure about... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 24 2013, 12:46pm
        I think you`re right though I can`t imagine leaving Smaug attack out of DoS Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi May 26 2013, 11:48am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.