Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Will we see anything new from Tolkien?

Carnivoran
The Shire

May 23 2013, 1:02am

Views: 402
Shortcut
Will we see anything new from Tolkien? Can't Post

Hello,

I have just started reading The Children of Hurin again, and I wondering what the future has in store for Tolkien in terms of new books or (most importantly) new information.

Will we ever see other stories of the Silmarillion fleshed out?

I noticed that Christopher still went with the original genealogy he described in the published Silmarillion, with Orodreth as a brother to Finrod. I am sort of surprised he did not take this opportunity to set the record straight based off of the HoM-E information.

Would it be possible for the Silmarillion to be published as a new edition with some of the corrections seen in HoM-E?

Also, I was curious if there is still unpublished information related to the "Middle-Earth" Universe (for a lack of better wording). Did HoM-E cover it all?

Finally, I am curious if anyone has read History of the Hobbit. Is it worth adding to the collection?

Thank you for your time and knowledge!

Subject User Time
Will we see anything new from Tolkien? Carnivoran Send a private message to Carnivoran May 23 2013, 1:02am
    No knowledge, but CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG May 23 2013, 12:50pm
    Take your pick Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 23 2013, 2:20pm
    The History of the Hobbit Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 23 2013, 2:50pm
    Orodreth and Waldman Elthir Send a private message to Elthir May 23 2013, 3:29pm
    linguistic stuff Elthir Send a private message to Elthir May 23 2013, 3:49pm
    Hmm. vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 May 24 2013, 12:35am
    2 I KNow Of Malveth Send a private message to Malveth May 24 2013, 12:40pm
        the treatment Elthir Send a private message to Elthir May 28 2013, 12:37pm
            Yeah... Malveth Send a private message to Malveth May 28 2013, 1:21pm
    Plenty of stuff to publish wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 5 2013, 9:31am
        Great blog CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 5 2013, 2:40pm
            The Fall of Gondolin Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 3:41pm
                It was a private printing wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 5 2013, 9:21pm
                    I made my own Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 6 2013, 12:34am
        The Fall of Gondolin Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 5 2013, 3:39pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.