Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'The Eye' on the next Hobbit Films?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dik-dik
Lorien

May 19 2013, 8:34am

Post #26 of 30 (121 views)
Shortcut
Very true... [In reply to] Can't Post

... and combined with those slain during the attack on Dol Guldur (I refuse to believe Sauron wouldn't have a small army guarding his fortress), it sounds like the Northern regions could live in peace for quite a few years.

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me." ~ Paul Eddington

Elizabeth
Valinor

May 19 2013, 8:36am

Post #27 of 30 (120 views)
Shortcut
Maybe as long as 60 years :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... and combined with those slain during the attack on Dol Guldur (I refuse to believe Sauron wouldn't have a small army guarding his fortress), it sounds like the Northern regions could live in peace for quite a few years.

Yngwulff
Gondor

May 19 2013, 8:52am

Post #28 of 30 (118 views)
Shortcut
yuppers! [In reply to] Can't Post

cheers

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

May 19 2013, 6:25pm

Post #29 of 30 (89 views)
Shortcut
this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly. These films don't really need to foreshadow too much to Lord of the Rings at all. Let the film end with "Thank goodness!" Bilbo is but a minor (but important) player in the world stage. He's delighted that his adventure is over (for now).

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Bauglir100
Bree

May 20 2013, 1:47pm

Post #30 of 30 (72 views)
Shortcut
Well, maybe this could be an opportunity... [In reply to] Can't Post

For PJ to correct the common belief that the Eye of Sauron is Sauron himself!

After all the Eye is meant to be his symbol, not his form. Saruman could've been mistaken or even deliberately misleading Gandalf about that "he cannot yet take physical form" tidbit.

Maybe in the film continuity, the Eye is a manifestation of Sauron's power or a giant avatar-like image, ala "The Wizard of Oz". After all, even though the duel between Aragorn and Sauron was cut, we can still see Sauron's physical form through the Palantir when Aragorn tries to intimidate him in the ROTK Extended Edition.

And J.R.R. Tolkien himself said that even in the novel, Sauron did supposedly maintain a physical appearance, but not a fair form.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.