Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
i just realised a perfect flashback!

boldog
Rohan

May 15 2013, 12:24am

Post #1 of 8 (1200 views)
Shortcut
i just realised a perfect flashback! Can't Post

Looking at a thead posted earlier about a young Bilbo I looked at the link. There on the video of #5 production diary, they show a brief glimpse of hobbits dancing around, Gandalf, and what appears to be the young Bilbo from the chronicles. This then appeared to me. What if we get a flashback of Gandalf when he sees bilbos, young nieve, and curious self, wanting to explore. It ties in very well with the actual hobbit story, and it can be a great scene. It seems to me that they must have already filmed it if its in the production diary, so it may be in the extended edition, or the next two films.
What are your thoughts on this.????????

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

jimmyfenn
Rohan

May 15 2013, 12:35am

Post #2 of 8 (559 views)
Shortcut
well yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

you realised this because you just saw it!

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

boldog
Rohan

May 15 2013, 1:37am

Post #3 of 8 (476 views)
Shortcut
your darn right that i just realisedlol [In reply to] Can't Post

EvilSly

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

(This post was edited by entmaiden on May 15 2013, 3:07pm)

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

May 15 2013, 2:09am

Post #4 of 8 (448 views)
Shortcut
I think it will be in the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe such a scene was mentioned by Ian McKellan in an interview a while back -- a scene of Gandalf and young Bilbo at the Old Took's birthday party. I saw a photo of it online and I believe Dan Hennah of WETA was playing the Old Took. Considering it wasn't in the movie, I would assume it's being saved for the extended edition.

lurtz2010
Rohan

May 15 2013, 4:40am

Post #5 of 8 (399 views)
Shortcut
where would a scene like that fit though? [In reply to] Can't Post

Somewhere in BagEnd is most likely but I still can't imagine how that could work. Even Gandalf's talk about young Bilbo doesn't seem like a moment for a flashback.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

May 15 2013, 5:07am

Post #6 of 8 (423 views)
Shortcut
It is been filmed [In reply to] Can't Post

In the first chronicles book you can see the design of the set, and they explain that there is a scene were Gandalf pops up a firework of a dragon and all hobbit children run terrified except Bilbo, and Gandalf realizes then that he is a very brave hobbit, in movieīs lore thatīs why he return to hobbiton seeking him

You can also see Belladona and Old Tuk who is Dan Henna

Thay even designed some puppets with the figure of a troll but they dont appear in that scene, so its pretty sure that we will see it in the EE

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

dik-dik
Lorien

May 15 2013, 9:07am

Post #7 of 8 (332 views)
Shortcut
It might fit... [In reply to] Can't Post

.. in the scene just before the Dwarves begin to sing, and Gandalf is standing nearby looking like he might be recollecting the first time he met Bilbo. The subsequent shot to Bilbo in his bedroom showing he's intrigued and unsettled by the entire prospect of adventure, would work just fine for me preceded by the child-Bilbo scene.

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me." ~ Paul Eddington

Darkstone
Immortal

May 15 2013, 6:27pm

Post #8 of 8 (263 views)
Shortcut
The opening of There and Back Again [In reply to] Can't Post

Then Bilbo wakes up and finds himself on a nasty uncomfortable adventure and then kicks himself for attracting Gandalf's attention when he was a young hobbit.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.