Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Handmade Lord of the Rings jewelry

Middleearthgirl

May 14 2013, 12:05am

Post #1 of 7 (590 views)
Shortcut
Handmade Lord of the Rings jewelry Can't Post

I really wanted to do something to channel my love for Tolkien and his brilliant works, so a few weeks ago I took to making little LoTR charm bracelets from polymer clay. Eventually my hobby took off, and my friends wanted me to make some for them too. Now I run a little online shop where I sell Lord of the Rings jewelry.
Let me know what you think!

http://thisshipatsea.tumblr.com/post/49420988301/my-sister-and-i-are-lord-of-the-rings-enthusiasts

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 14 2013, 1:47am

Post #2 of 7 (93 views)
Shortcut
That jewelry looks great! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is very well-made and whimsical. Your tumblr account is cool too. I write songs about Tolkien's brilliant works to channel my love for Tolkien. It's amazing, Tolkien's works bring so much inspiration in the arts, from music, painting, drawing, to sculpting and jewelry making!

Nightingale
Rohan

May 14 2013, 6:27pm

Post #3 of 7 (92 views)
Shortcut
I've just made my first Etsy purchase [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to you, I am now an Etsy member, and the future proud owner of a pair of Hobbit door earrings. Can't wait! Smile

Good luck with your new venture; and nice to have you in the community.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

"That line between the earth and sky came beckoning to me..." - Laurie's Song

Middleearthgirl

May 14 2013, 10:57pm

Post #4 of 7 (70 views)
Shortcut
Aww [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so very much! And do you really? I would love to hear some of your music. It is true that Tolkien has inspired so many beautiful art forms. It never ceases to astound me what new marvels the LOTR community can come up with :D

Middleearthgirl

May 14 2013, 11:06pm

Post #5 of 7 (100 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well this was a pleasant surprise! Your earrings will be shipped off tomorrow or the day after. I know you will enjoy them-- they are wonderful conversation strikers! And so very cute.

Thank you very much for your kind welcome Smile Heart

Loresilme
Valinor

May 16 2013, 12:36am

Post #6 of 7 (63 views)
Shortcut
Very pretty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your pieces are so well made, and absolutely charming! I especially like the necklace with the door of Bag End - those flowers along the edge are the perfect touch.

Lovely!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 22 2013, 5:32pm

Post #7 of 7 (92 views)
Shortcut
wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

adorable, nicely done...

Good to see stuff like this, original art, from the heart. Its unpolished crafty look is far superior to the shiny overproduced, prepackaged (^$#^%) uh, stuff, from the department store!

I've played with sculpey (I'm guessing this is something similar) and it is a great medium to work in, very versatile.

Another one is shrinky dinks, if they still make that stuff, draw it, shrink it, is great for light earrings.

There is a nifty company called jabebo which uses recycled cereal packaging and other light cardboards to create beautiful earrings (often natural world subjects like my spiders and opossums). Don't know what their technique is, but the end product is great. You may be able to do something like that too.

Go outside and play...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.