Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
"Law and Arda" by Douglas Kane: for discussion May 28th
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elaen32
Gondor

May 16 2013, 7:59pm

Post #26 of 33 (179 views)
Shortcut
Randalf???? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that Gandalf's evil twin brother?Wink Or is that your husband's name??WinkEvil

PS I'm sure that channelling Pippin doesn't have to diminish your intelligence, so worry notSly

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

(This post was edited by elaen32 on May 16 2013, 8:01pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 16 2013, 8:17pm

Post #27 of 33 (179 views)
Shortcut
I think CuriousG wasn't Tolkienish enough [In reply to] Can't Post

So I was dubbed Gandalf's twin using my RL 1st initial, but not as an evil twin (I think). Couldn't be my husband though, since I'm a guy.

I'm still waiting to find out what my color is. All the cool ones are taken. Randalf the Yellow? Randalf the Mauve? Just no good options left.

elaen32
Gondor

May 16 2013, 8:28pm

Post #28 of 33 (168 views)
Shortcut
Er..... [In reply to] Can't Post

My post was back to Brethil...... but you can be Randalf the Yellow if you like!Wink

telain
Rohan

May 16 2013, 8:56pm

Post #29 of 33 (165 views)
Shortcut
Randalf the Taupe? [In reply to] Can't Post

how about Gandalf's mischievous twin? (CuriousG + Gandalf's ____ Twin...)

Brethil
Half-elven

May 16 2013, 8:58pm

Post #30 of 33 (167 views)
Shortcut
I appreciate your politeness in not commenting on my Pippin-ness!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if I like yellow - mauve is right out....green? That could work. Black is always flattering but people in ME just *might* get the wrong idea there, not realizing its just a fashion statement. Oooh, what about red? Randalf the Red gives you either Wizard or Pirate career options there.

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 16 2013, 9:28pm

Post #31 of 33 (163 views)
Shortcut
Oh, just saw my name and assumed it was directed at me (the perils of flat mode) [In reply to] Can't Post

I am known as Randalf the Why's, because that's what I say most of the time and I never know what's going on.

Brethil
Half-elven

May 16 2013, 9:36pm

Post #32 of 33 (157 views)
Shortcut
Ha - I only wish my husband had a Tolkien nickname! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would cut down on the endless 'geek' jokes he makes at my expense! Crazy

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

elaen32
Gondor

May 16 2013, 9:52pm

Post #33 of 33 (161 views)
Shortcut
Hence the "Curious" bit of your name! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm not even going to ask whether your RL name is really Randalf/Randolf..... my brain hurts- it's late here- I'm off to bed!!
G'night all!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.