Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bolg

Skaan
Lorien

May 12 2013, 10:17pm

Post #1 of 7 (711 views)
Shortcut
Bolg Can't Post

Do we actually have any confirmation that he will be in DoS/TABA? I know that they have released pictures of him before, but if i remember right, that was before the decision to turn it into 3 movies, so now maybe Azog could've taken his place? We also haven't really heard much info about him from official sources such as PJ himself, or any of the other writers/crew (but that could also be because they don't want to spoil too much).

I know it's probably a stupid question, but i thought i'd ask it anyway since i'm really interested in Bolg's character/design, and would hate to see him get pushed out of the movies.

So, what do you think? Will he be in the movies? And are you interested in his character aswell?

DeadRabbits
Lorien

May 12 2013, 10:35pm

Post #2 of 7 (358 views)
Shortcut
Actually, Manu Bennet himself confirmed Bolg's appearance in the next two films... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in this interview. And yeah, I'm excited to see Bolg on the big screen. IMO he's the scariest looking orc so far, he just looks downright brutal. The showdown between him and Beorn is going to be a real treat for sure.

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Lio
Lorien

May 13 2013, 1:14am

Post #3 of 7 (266 views)
Shortcut
It would be weird to leave him out! I think he'll be in DoS/TABA and have a different role than Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

It's likely Bolg was going to be in AUJ before the three-movie split, so that's why we got the initial pictures as well as tie-in toys released of him. But now, I think they're just trying not to release too much to early too avoid spoilers. Come to think of it, they're doing the same with Beorn, aren't they? Wink

And speaking of Beorn, I'm pretty sure they're giving him some extra backstory that will set up Bolg as his nemesis. So we'll get get a Beorn/Bolg rivalry in addition to the Thorin/Azog one. Considering their different roles, I really doubt Bolg will be left out of the movies in favour of Azog. I'm curious about how they will play out the Bolg/Azog relationship as well.

And now I have something to say:

I can't wait to see Bolg and Beorn in action!!!

Thanks for hearing me out. Laugh

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Bauglir100
Bree

May 13 2013, 1:41pm

Post #4 of 7 (179 views)
Shortcut
He WAS in An Unexpected Journey. [In reply to] Can't Post

But he's only in it for a few seconds. He can be seen in flashbacks to the War of the Dwarves and Orcs, when the Orcs are tossing Dwarves over the edge of a cliff, and he's seen dueling against Dwalin when Thorin leads the charge against the remaining Orcs after Azog retreats into Moria.

Ffnir
Rohan

May 13 2013, 1:50pm

Post #5 of 7 (148 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't make him that impressing by the way [In reply to] Can't Post

He's not such a big deal if Dwalin can casually kick is ass in battle like we saw

Bauglir100
Bree

May 13 2013, 6:39pm

Post #6 of 7 (117 views)
Shortcut
But wouldn't he be a big deal... [In reply to] Can't Post

When it turned out he survived that?

The Mitch King
Rohan

May 14 2013, 6:37pm

Post #7 of 7 (55 views)
Shortcut
Well Dwalin's not a wuss. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He's not such a big deal if Dwalin can casually kick is ass in battle like we saw

Plus Bolg survived all those wounds and surgically put himself together(or someone did). Thats pretty badass to me. How many wacks from an axe did Dwalin take? or Azog take?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.