Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Behind the scenes footage from Japanese site
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Azagh‚l
Lorien

May 12 2013, 12:24pm

Post #1 of 34 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Behind the scenes footage from Japanese site Can't Post

http://eiga.com/...er1/index.html#movie

Some character portraits and other tidbits I haven't seen before.

Kinda hard to navigate because of the japanese. Good luck Wink

Credit goes to Heirs of Durin http://thorinoakenshield.net/

*Baruk khaz‚d! Khaz‚d ai-mÍnu!*

Arannir
Valinor

May 12 2013, 12:45pm

Post #2 of 34 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for that.

I hope we will get more family connection with the EE and the next two movies - especially Thorin/Fili/Kili, of course.

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Arannir
Valinor

May 12 2013, 12:59pm

Post #3 of 34 (1108 views)
Shortcut
The video with the song is just breatktaking, btw. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I also like the reference of "the Europe of the 1930s" by Cate Blanchett. I felt very much the same watching the scene, with Saruman and Elrond as the "appeasement" people.

Or the reference why there is a tree in Rhosgobel :D

WB, such a shame you did not put this on the DVD/BluRays"

Pirate

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

(This post was edited by Arannir on May 12 2013, 1:06pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 12 2013, 1:23pm

Post #4 of 34 (1035 views)
Shortcut
BWA..HahAHA! Iz this Mean what [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby thinks it meanzz?

Since Bomby has worked in Theatre?
a longTime

my "GayDar"
.... went off?

(This post was edited by Bombadil on May 12 2013, 1:26pm)

Arannir
Valinor

May 12 2013, 1:27pm

Post #5 of 34 (988 views)
Shortcut
Bomby... I seem to be too much in a lazy Sunday mood... [In reply to] Can't Post

... to be able to follow you :D Maybe Goldberry can help?

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

May 12 2013, 2:15pm

Post #6 of 34 (979 views)
Shortcut
Awesome videos [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing!

"Durin's Heir you may be, but even with one eye you should see clearer. If this is victory, then our hands are too small to hold it. We will not enter Khazad-dum. You will not enter Khazad-dum. Beyond the shadow of the gate it waits for you still: Durinís Bane. The world must change and some other power than ours must come before Durinís Folk walk again in Moria.Ē

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 12 2013, 3:45pm

Post #7 of 34 (883 views)
Shortcut
Bomby izz still Rolling on the Floor... [In reply to] Can't Post

If Ori is
"An Unlikely Dwarve?"

Does THAT make
Bilbo...

"An Accidental Tourist"?

xoxoRock on TO&Company!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

May 12 2013, 4:25pm

Post #8 of 34 (860 views)
Shortcut
Is PB implying there will be men, elves and wizards at Dol Guldur? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Old Toby
Gondor

May 12 2013, 4:45pm

Post #9 of 34 (910 views)
Shortcut
WOW! [In reply to] Can't Post

Incredible videos! Thank you SO much for posting this site!! The revelation that it was Ori's skeleton at Moria holding the book was so heartrending, now that we have a face and a personality to go with that skeleton. Thanks to PJ and crew and Adam Brown!

I particularly love the video...the third bar down on the left side I think...with all those scenes from AUJ while the Lonely Mountain song is playing. Whoa, that really brought the whole picture of Thorin's quest together, I think, in a very meaningful and moving way. Some parts brought tears to my eyes!

I haven't been able yet to watch all of them. Will get to them for sure though! Thanks a million again!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

May 12 2013, 5:13pm

Post #10 of 34 (814 views)
Shortcut
I definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

want to punch Ori in the face and throw him to the wolves of Gundabad.Tongue

Vous commencez ŗ m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Kullervo
Rivendell

May 12 2013, 5:14pm

Post #11 of 34 (804 views)
Shortcut
Great videos! Thank you very much for the link [In reply to] Can't Post

Could these videos be snippets of the documentaries we'll be getting in the EE? They have a similar feeling to the LOTR EE extra material (if it was cut to a few couple of minute long parts)

Fŗfnir
Rohan

May 12 2013, 5:16pm

Post #12 of 34 (832 views)
Shortcut
If someone finds the video of the lonely mountain song in HD [In reply to] Can't Post

please share as quick as you can ! It's would have been the best possible trailer for the movie...

Glorfindela
Valinor

May 12 2013, 5:32pm

Post #13 of 34 (768 views)
Shortcut
OP: many thanks for posting this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I too love the video with the Lonely Mountain song (probably my favourite).

It looks as though the Japanese packaging for the blu-ray DVD is really nice, too, with illustrated disks (three of them), and an illustrated foldout. Why this couldn't have been produced for the UK as well, I just don't know. The DVD cover also looks much more professionally designed than the UK covers.

In Reply To
I particularly love the video...the third bar down on the left side I think...with all those scenes from AUJ while the Lonely Mountain song is playing. Whoa, that really brought the whole picture of Thorin's quest together, I think, in a very meaningful and moving way. Some parts brought tears to my eyes!

emre43
Lorien

May 12 2013, 6:16pm

Post #14 of 34 (788 views)
Shortcut
I assume you have never read the books? Tolkien wrote that Ori wrote theBook of Mazarbul [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Incredible videos! Thank you SO much for posting this site!! The revelation that it was Ori's skeleton at Moria holding the book was so heartrending, now that we have a face and a personality to go with that skeleton. Thanks to PJ and crew and Adam Brown!

I haven't been able yet to watch all of them. Will get to them for sure though! Thanks a million again!

Kimtc
Rohan

May 12 2013, 7:48pm

Post #15 of 34 (702 views)
Shortcut
Great video! I sent it to my daughter, who speaks Japanese. [In reply to] Can't Post

She's excited to look around on it. I was just glad that I could open the video!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

May 12 2013, 8:16pm

Post #16 of 34 (659 views)
Shortcut
Right, but Tolkien also wrote that Ori was eaten by the Watcher in the Water [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is why the handwriting changes in the book

DanielLB
Immortal

May 12 2013, 8:21pm

Post #17 of 34 (630 views)
Shortcut
The Watcher in the Water gets Oin. / [In reply to] Can't Post

QuackingTroll
Valinor

May 12 2013, 8:24pm

Post #18 of 34 (617 views)
Shortcut
Oh is that right? My mistake *blush* // [In reply to] Can't Post

elaen32
Gondor

May 12 2013, 9:48pm

Post #19 of 34 (611 views)
Shortcut
Dwarven rings... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the White Council video, there is a snippet which I don't remember in the TE, when Saruman is saying that without the One the Seven are useless. ? Could this be in the EE does anyone think? Will this relate to a flashback to Gandalf's meeting with Thrain, when he gets the key and map? So looking forward to the EE
And I agree so much Arannir with your statement-

In Reply To
WB, such a shame you did not put this on the DVD/BluRays"

Pirate

Thank you Azaghul for posting these- great fun

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Old Toby
Gondor

May 12 2013, 10:47pm

Post #20 of 34 (553 views)
Shortcut
You should never make assumptions [In reply to] Can't Post

I've read the books a multitude of times since the '60s. However, my memory isn't what it used to be, not that it ever was.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Loresilme
Valinor

May 13 2013, 12:28am

Post #21 of 34 (506 views)
Shortcut
Great moments! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I hear correctly that they worked on the troll scene for one year? Wow.

Wasn't it fascinating to see the Gollum/Andy Serkis transitions? I hadn't seen those elsewhere.

Also, did anyone else find the 'Bifur-the-toymaker' backstory rather touching? I really liked that small scene showing him with the mechanical toy. I wonder if we might get to see a bit of that in one of the films.

Thanks for posting this, Azaghal, many of these I had not viewed anywhere before!

Lio
Lorien

May 13 2013, 1:03am

Post #22 of 34 (481 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much for sharing these! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just finished watching them all. Way awesome!

What's interesting is that a lot of this information has been used in the AUJ Official Movie Guide book (which I'm reading right now). Ah, so now we all know where it comes from. Laugh

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

LordotRings93
Rohan

May 13 2013, 1:45am

Post #23 of 34 (515 views)
Shortcut
Is the music video on YouTube? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sooo amazing and I want to see it in HD on YouTube. If anyone can find a way to upload it to there, that'd be much appreciated.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

May 13 2013, 5:30am

Post #24 of 34 (434 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully relating to Thrain's Ring and Gandalf's concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

regarding it.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

imin
Valinor

May 13 2013, 8:04am

Post #25 of 34 (401 views)
Shortcut
Nori, Dori and Ori [In reply to] Can't Post

Same mother, 3 different fathers. Doesn't seem very Tolkien to me. I thought Dwarves married for life and could only have children if they married?

Thanks for clips btw, they were interesting.

And Iluvatar spoke to Ulmo, and said: 'Seest thou not how here in this little realm in the Deeps of Time Melkor hath made war upon thy province? He hath bethought him of bitter cold immoderate, and yet hath not destroyed the beauty of thy fountains, nor of my clear pools. Behold the snow, and the cunning work of frost! Melkor hath devised heats and fire without restraint, and hath not dried up thy desire nor utterly quelled the music of the sea. Behold rather the height and glory of the clouds, and the everchanging mists; and listen to the fall of rain upon the Earth! And in these clouds thou art drawn nearer to Manwe, thy friend, whom thou lovest.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.