Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
beorn crush bolg in dol guldur?

boldog
Rohan

May 11 2013, 7:56am

Views: 643
Shortcut
beorn crush bolg in dol guldur? Can't Post

Winkhey everyone!
i remember reading someones theory for the dol guldur subplot, and they had a few very interesting ideas that id wish to point out.
First of all they mentioned, that instead of a huge army of elves or whatever race, it is in fact the nature of the forest, i.e animals that come and help destroy the fortress and renew it to its former place. Kind of like the ents destroying isengard to renew the fangorn. Possibly radagast and beorn due to their love of animals are a reason for this happening. And if beorn is there (which i believe he is) then I believe that it is possible that he will kill bolg there and finish him off for good, leaving the bo5a for azog to lead.
Also another theory, a bit in reverse of the previous.
I believe Beorn and Radagast will be great friends, (mentions in the book, and they are both animal lovers.) and will fight close. What if Bolg happens to kill Radagast in Dol guldur, before he escapes its destruction. This angers beorn so much that he seeks revenge and gains it in the bo5a, regardless if bolg is leading or not.
I know radagast shouldn't die and doesn't, but it is obvious that something like that is likely to happen to him, to explain his absence from the lotr trilogy, so these are just some theories of how that might happen...Wink

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Subject User Time
beorn crush bolg in dol guldur? boldog Send a private message to boldog May 11 2013, 7:56am
    I would love Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil May 11 2013, 11:16am
        I think Radagast dying won't be such a bad idea Skaan Send a private message to Skaan May 11 2013, 11:50am
            But Radagast appears in "War in the North"! Bauglir100 Send a private message to Bauglir100 May 13 2013, 6:48pm
                "War in the North" isn't movie canon at all DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB May 13 2013, 7:03pm
    Beorn Killing the Pale Ork Mrredbirdy Send a private message to Mrredbirdy May 11 2013, 11:30am
    I'm with Radagast-Aiwendil on this... dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik May 11 2013, 1:04pm
    I don't want to see Beorn at both Erebor and Dol Guldur Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 11 2013, 2:05pm
    Love the Speculations IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin May 11 2013, 6:21pm
    Would prefer it if they stick to the book with this. It's a great moment! Lio Send a private message to Lio May 12 2013, 12:43am
    It would be a shame The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King May 12 2013, 5:19am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.