Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's time for some BS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 10 2013, 1:17pm

Views: 141
Shortcut
It's time for some BS! Can't Post

Here's another Book Spoiler that compares an event in The Hobbit Book with the film… for a moment of Tolkien-zen.

From Roast Mutton: The Hobbit

"To the end of his days Bilbo could never remember how he found himself outside, without a hat, walking-stick or any money, or anything that he usually took when he went out… …and running as fast as his furry feet could carry him down the lane, past the great Mill, across The Water, and then on for a whole mile or more.
Very puffed he was, when he got to Bywater just on the stroke of eleven, and found he had come without a pocket-handkerchief!
"Bravo!" said Balin who was standing at the inn door looking out for him.
Just then all the others came round the corner of the road from the village. They were on ponies, and each pony was slung about with all kinds of baggages, packages, parcels, and paraphernalia. There was a very small pony, apparently for Bilbo.
"Up you two get, and off we go!' said Thorin.
"I'm awfully sorry," said Bilbo, "but I have come without my hat, and I have left my pocket-handkerchief behind…"
"…[said Dwalin] "…don't worry! You will have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, before you get to the journey's end. As for a hat, I have got a spare hood and cloak in my luggage."
That's how they all came to start, jogging off from the inn one fine morning just before May, on laden ponies… …What his father Bungo would have thought of him, I daren't think. His only comfort was he couldn't be mistaken for a dwarf, as he had no beard.
They had not been riding very long when up came Gandalf very splendid on a white horse. He had brought a lot of pocket-handkerchiefs, and Bilbo's pipe and tobacco. So after that the party went along very merrily, and they told stories or sang songs as they rode forward all day, except of course when they stopped for meals. These didn't come quite as often as Bilbo would have liked them, but still he began to feel that adventures were not so bad after all."

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Subject User Time
It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 10 2013, 1:17pm
    "He began to feel that adventures were not so bad after all" Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 10 2013, 4:29pm
        *giggle* Good Catch! :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 11 2013, 10:08pm
    Just after tra-la-la-lally Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 11 2013, 2:41am
        I found it funny grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 11 2013, 10:11pm
    It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 11 2013, 10:06pm
        It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 12 2013, 1:16pm
            It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 13 2013, 10:50am
                Warm air...smell of pines...comfortable feeling... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 13 2013, 11:11pm
                    *sigh* Let's Go! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 14 2013, 9:17am
                It's time for even MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 14 2013, 9:15am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.