Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Is anybody else really anxious?

FrogmortonJustice65
Rivendell

May 8 2013, 4:00am

Views: 1673
Shortcut
Is anybody else really anxious? Can't Post

This seems like kind of a silly topic now that I am writing it, but I am looking for some reassurance that DoS and TABA will be of similar quality to AUJ. I enjoyed AUJ (not as good as LOTR, but a fantastic movie and fulfilling Tolkien experience), but I'm starting to worry about DoS.

I'm wondering to myself how they're going to divide The Hobbit up into 2 more movies, and I realize that this will be accomplished by inserting content from the appendixes. That's not necessarily a bad thing (I enjoyed the White Council sequences and Radagast for the most part, though I must admit I feel a little lukewarm about Azog). My concern is not so much the inclusion of the appendix content itself but rather when PJ takes liberty with the source material (greatly expanded Radagast role, Azog, etc).

My worry thus concerns whether PJ will be able to create an enjoyable and faithful adaptation of the Hobbit given all the extra content that is being added.

Without spoiling anything (and I mean anything...I'm trying to seriously limit my exposure to DoS and TABA stuff...which I know is strange given that I'm lurking around TORN) is there any insight anybody on this forum has to reassure a nervous Tolkien-ite? I know this a strange request, but if anyone has any (spoiler-free) thoughts they want to share that would be much appreciated. Am I being paranoid? Is anyone else similarly worried? Do I not have enough faith in PJ/the source material?

Unsure

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

Subject User Time
Is anybody else really anxious? FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 May 8 2013, 4:00am
    Reassurance JWPlatt May 8 2013, 4:09am
        A succint summary Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano May 8 2013, 9:57pm
            I'm really fearing the worst at this point. jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey May 10 2013, 10:00am
                DoS gonna need to deliver Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury May 10 2013, 8:01pm
                Compared to what? I had several SERIOUS problems with several of the decisions made in this first film, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin May 11 2013, 12:35am
                    Well, I'm glad you can have serious problems with a film, yet still enjoy it. jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey May 11 2013, 4:10am
                        Well. . . even in the book there are things here or their that I don't like. It doesn't change it being AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin May 11 2013, 5:41am
        Exactly! Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel May 9 2013, 6:49am
    DOS could be the real jewel DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale May 8 2013, 5:28am
    I have faith, but am a little worried demnation Send a private message to demnation May 8 2013, 5:32am
    I'm very anxious too cats16 Send a private message to cats16 May 8 2013, 5:50am
        I agree with you Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 May 8 2013, 6:56am
            yeah this place can ruin things abit lurtz2010 Send a private message to lurtz2010 May 8 2013, 7:30am
                I know what you mean. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela May 8 2013, 4:04pm
                Don't fret Elessar Send a private message to Elessar May 12 2013, 2:54am
    I didn't have a lot of expectation for AUJ Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë May 8 2013, 6:45am
        Yeah, that too Marionette Send a private message to Marionette May 8 2013, 8:17pm
    I am not very anxious about the content... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 8 2013, 6:55am
    snce AUJ its been growing on me (spoilers) Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) May 8 2013, 7:43am
    Well, I can't see any point in worrying.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse May 8 2013, 8:09am
    I think your anxieties are valid. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass May 8 2013, 3:59pm
    thanks everyone... FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 May 8 2013, 4:09pm
    Well Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil May 8 2013, 5:44pm
        Spot on The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King May 8 2013, 5:57pm
            Cheers Master Mitch King// Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil May 8 2013, 6:23pm
    Happy with AUJ but worried about next... Marionette Send a private message to Marionette May 8 2013, 8:10pm
    I am similarly worried Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust May 9 2013, 12:15am
    A little bit Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 May 9 2013, 6:54pm
    You are NOT being paranoid. I share some of your concerns, and like you I greatly enjoyed An Unexpected, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin May 11 2013, 12:14am
    not worried Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala May 12 2013, 3:26am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.