Why can't TinTin wait ??
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

fmaximus
Rivendell

Dec 20 2007, 2:20pm

Post #1 of 47 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Why can't TinTin wait ?? Can't Post

I realize that commitments were made to TinTin, but lets face it, the Hobbit as a movie is much more anticipated than TinTin and can't afford to be second fiddle at this time. The would be actors for the Hobbit are getting on in age. It's critical that the Hobbit be done right with full attention devoted to it by the right people. I for one would implore Peter Jackson to work something out with Steven Spielberg so that the Hobbit be done properly. I'm sure Spielberg would be understanding in this circumstance.

What are You're thoughts ?

luinfalathiel
Lorien

Dec 20 2007, 2:25pm

Post #2 of 47 (989 views)
Shortcut
How do we even know who will be playing what in The Hobbit? [In reply to] Can't Post

They may decide to go with a new cast of relative unknowns, as they did for LOTR.

Just because Sir Ian Holm was great as the 111-year-old Bilbo in LOTR doesn't mean he's going to be right to play Bilbo at this far earlier stage of his life.

I suppose you might be referring to Sir Ian McKellen, but the dude is a strong, healthy guy, and Gandalf doesn't really figure that much into the story, so it's not like he'd have as much work to do as in LOTR.

Who else is actually in the running? Name me some names of actors who are getting "too old" to play 250-year-old dwarves?

No worries. Be glad we're going to HAVE a Hobbit movie, after all the silly legal shenanigans that have been going on. :)

Follow my Korean adventures!
http://simulflow.vox.com

Grishnakh: Let’s put a larva-puncture in its belly.
http://pounce.skew.org/lotr/meetingtreebeard

the eye of luinfalathiel

the eye of luinfalathiel

merklynn
Lorien

Dec 20 2007, 2:27pm

Post #3 of 47 (984 views)
Shortcut
What about Dam Busters? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know for a fact that this Tin Tin deal is a three movie deal, but that's what I heard. Spielburg is directing one, Jackson another, and a third director will do the remaining film. What order these will be made in, I don't know, but I would guess there is no reason this can't be flexible, unless Spielburg's schedule won't budge. It just depends on what Jackson is contracted into and the relationship he has with Spielburg and Dreamworks.

If Jackson doesn't have to direct the first Tin Tin movie (still assuming this is indeed a three picture deal), then I don't see why that wouldn't give him the time he needs (a couple of years) to do the Hobbit.

What I'm interested to know about is the status of the Dam Busters.

Patty
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 3:16pm

Post #4 of 47 (951 views)
Shortcut
You probably know this, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ isn't directing that one (I believe it's Christian Rivers.) He's only producing it.

For Gondor!

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Dec 20 2007, 3:18pm

Post #5 of 47 (965 views)
Shortcut
But I Think Dambusters could be done anytime [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Jackson owns the rights outright.

TIntin is more awkward since it's a project owned by someone else. The rumor around Tintin is that Jackson MIGHT direct the 3rd so that he'd have the time to direct (or co-direct?) The Hobbit movies in the meantime.

It's Official! Jackson to Produce The Hobbit! Woot! Woot!

Rogash
Bree

Dec 20 2007, 3:29pm

Post #6 of 47 (941 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson must direct the Hobbit ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson must direct The Hobbit and the other LOTR,Tintin can wait beacause if PJ direct the third i think that he will have much time for helmer The Hobbit,and for the moment PJ is the helmer of the 1 Tintin Spielberg of the 2,and the third ?
But Bilbo can't wait !

Patty
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 3:30pm

Post #7 of 47 (924 views)
Shortcut
That would be great! [In reply to] Can't Post

if he can do the TinTin movie. How'd you like to be part of a movie that had the stigma of being what kept PJ from directing "The Hobbit" ?! !! Sly

For Gondor!

Daeferedir
The Shire

Dec 20 2007, 3:50pm

Post #8 of 47 (925 views)
Shortcut
You should not rush art [In reply to] Can't Post

With all the complexities of making a movie and definitely one like the Hobbit one has to stop and think is the current situation any good for the outcome… making a movie because the studios are under licensing constrains, and distribution is pushing for delivery based on a committed time line are inherently a prescription for a mess on many levels.
The LOTR movie trilogy is a master piece that took 8 years to make; I believe all of us fans are a bit unfair to PJ not to say a bit unrealistic with what we would like come out of a forced rush job.

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 3:51pm

Post #9 of 47 (940 views)
Shortcut
Im sure [In reply to] Can't Post

rabid tintin fans are hoping that the hobbit wont get in the way of thier beloved tintin.

If PJ has committed to tintin than I would think alot less of him if he didnt honour that.

I May be a scientist but I'm also a Ninja fencer!

S-J-Hawk
The Shire

Dec 20 2007, 4:08pm

Post #10 of 47 (937 views)
Shortcut
Rabid TinTin Fans? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there such a thing?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

-the Litany against Fear

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 20 2007, 4:17pm

Post #11 of 47 (918 views)
Shortcut
I'm guessing TinTin has a great script all ready to go. [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherwise I doubt that heavyweights like Spielberg and Jackson would have signed on. And if Jackson backs out, Spielberg may get someone else to do it, and would have every right to do so.

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 4:25pm

Post #12 of 47 (922 views)
Shortcut
There must be really [In reply to] Can't Post

somewhere - Wink

Snowy better be careful though....

I May be a scientist but I'm also a Ninja fencer!

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 20 2007, 4:41pm

Post #13 of 47 (911 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.tintinologist.org/

Patty
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 4:49pm

Post #14 of 47 (910 views)
Shortcut
Well, if I read this correctly... [In reply to] Can't Post

on this "enthusiast's site" the most viewers ever on-line was 20, in August of 2007!

Not that that means anything, I just found it funny in comparison to TORn.

For Gondor!

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 20 2007, 5:01pm

Post #15 of 47 (888 views)
Shortcut
There should be foreign language sites too./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Owlyross
Rohan

Dec 20 2007, 5:07pm

Post #16 of 47 (895 views)
Shortcut
Will Tintin be filmed in Belgian? [In reply to] Can't Post

As it is most popular there? Jackson's first foreign language film?

Wink

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 20 2007, 5:29pm

Post #17 of 47 (895 views)
Shortcut
Belgian? There's no such language. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dutch (or Flemish, as the locals call it), French, and German are the three official languages of Belgium.

But TinTin is also popular in the UK, although not nearly as popular as Tolkien, I'll grant you.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 5:39pm

Post #18 of 47 (890 views)
Shortcut
I thought LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

was an Elvish-language film with smatterings of English to make the movie 'accessible' to the masses...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 5:52pm

Post #19 of 47 (910 views)
Shortcut
And no such country either. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://zapatopi.net/belgium

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Annael
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 6:08pm

Post #20 of 47 (909 views)
Shortcut
the age-old question [In reply to] Can't Post

why do artists insist on doing what they want, not what we want from them?

repeat the sounding joy!

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2007, 8:11pm

Post #21 of 47 (893 views)
Shortcut
Why not combine PJ's projects so he can do them all at once? [In reply to] Can't Post

"In a hole in a Pennsylvania cornfield there lived a Tintin."

I don't want to go to work today,
But the master of the whip says nay, nay, nay.

hatster
Rohan

Dec 20 2007, 9:24pm

Post #22 of 47 (852 views)
Shortcut
hooooot! [In reply to] Can't Post

The folks here at work probably think I'm enjoying some holiday spirits... I'm sitting in my office laughing hysterically at that :-)

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 9:59pm

Post #23 of 47 (858 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure both the Captain and the Professor would be very helpful [In reply to] Can't Post

with killing the dragon. The dog would probably be eaten by the trolls though.

Or could Calculus and Gandalf be combined?

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 10:01pm

Post #24 of 47 (851 views)
Shortcut
Because if he waits [In reply to] Can't Post

Castafiore will start singing. And noone wants that.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 10:10pm

Post #25 of 47 (849 views)
Shortcut
Haven't they been [In reply to] Can't Post

without a government for months? Because of language troubles?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.