Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Who Do You Think Has the Most Challenging Role in The Hobbit?

The Grey Elf
Rohan

May 7 2013, 2:10pm

Views: 1220
Shortcut
Who Do You Think Has the Most Challenging Role in The Hobbit? Can't Post

I've always been fascinated by the chameleon mechanics of being an actor. As an ordinary, non-thespian person, pretending to be someone else seems so mysterious and somewhat bizarre. Not a single actor had a part one could describe as a cakewalk and setting aside the resulting performance that came of multiple demands, I would say all told, Richard Armitage had the most challenging part. Every actor shared in the drudgery of hot costumes, green screen, prosthetics, ride horses, etc. but in addition RA altered his voice, sang, spoke another language, probably had the most fight scenes and stunt work, had the heaviest prop (Orcrist) and, LOL, grew his own beard. (Given all this, choosing a younger actor for the role of Thorin was probably a matter of necessity. Who else would have had the stamina for this part?)

But perhaps I've missed something. If anyone has a differing opinion, I'd love to hear your insights.

Subject User Time
Who Do You Think Has the Most Challenging Role in The Hobbit? The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf May 7 2013, 2:10pm
    Oooooooo.... Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 7 2013, 2:42pm
    I agree Kullervo Send a private message to Kullervo May 7 2013, 2:53pm
        Also MF had no facial prosthetics to contend with The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf May 7 2013, 3:02pm
    Hmmm, hard to say... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 May 7 2013, 2:59pm
        I agree with this Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë May 10 2013, 8:01am
            The book IS called the Hobbit ... Spoilers Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff May 12 2013, 5:44am
    Yup I agree Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby May 7 2013, 3:50pm
    Richard Armitage, then Martin Freeman Marionette Send a private message to Marionette May 7 2013, 3:52pm
        Agreed! Luinnár Send a private message to Luinnár May 7 2013, 5:49pm
    The director.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse May 7 2013, 5:37pm
    Richard Armitage, for the reasons you've given. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela May 7 2013, 5:45pm
    Definitely Lee Pace as Thranduil DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB May 7 2013, 5:53pm
        Let us not forget... dubulous Send a private message to dubulous May 7 2013, 8:32pm
            So either... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 7 2013, 8:41pm
                If You are a Dancer IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin May 7 2013, 10:54pm
            Cate was Standing on a "TurnTable"..Stagehands Turned HER! Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 9 2013, 6:16pm
        Have to agree, Lee Pace warhorse78 Send a private message to warhorse78 Jan 6, 5:15am
    Lilly Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 7 2013, 6:23pm
        From a PR perspective, I have to agree. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 7 2013, 8:36pm
        Well macfalk Send a private message to macfalk May 8 2013, 7:20am
        Agreed. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 8 2013, 7:49am
    Re: Who Do You Think Has the Most Challenging Role in The Hobbit? dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik May 7 2013, 10:06pm
    I think, Richard Armitage (spoilers within) Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 8 2013, 12:14am
        Who Do You Think Has the Most Challenging Role in The Hobbit? Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron May 8 2013, 3:30am
    Bilbo innoce77 Send a private message to innoce77 May 8 2013, 11:11am
        Bombur has the Toughest Role! Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 9 2013, 6:23pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.