Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
SAST Quiz #14 ANSWERS & RESULTS

Roheryn
Grey Havens

May 7 2013, 10:59am

Views: 158
Shortcut
SAST Quiz #14 ANSWERS & RESULTS [In reply to] Can't Post

*Ro races in, breathless* What, me late? A quizmistress is never late! A big thanks to all 29 of you who played along last week in Quiz #14! Average score was about a 3.4, so a bit better than mediocre! Question #2 is the one that stumped you the most, but I bet it’s one you’ll remember now: I do hope that line is in the movie! As always, do let me know if you have any comments or questions (complaints, though, and I’ll send you off to the Wet Fish Department).

Answers

1. What is in the casket carried by the old man who accompanies Bard and the Elvenking when they go to parley with Thorin?

“ ‘What of the Arkenstone of Thrain?’ said he, and at the same moment the old man opened the casket and held aloft the jewel.”

2. Fill in the blanks (three words missing): “ ‘You all seem in league!’ said Thorin dropping Bilbo on top of the wall. ‘Never again will I have dealings with any wizard or his friends. What have you to say, you descendant of rats?’ ”

3. What are Thorin and Company wearing when they burst forth out of the gate of Erebor to join the battle?

“Hood and cloak were gone; they were in shining armour, and red light leapt from their eyes.”

4. With whom does Bilbo take his stand during the battle?

“He had taken his stand on Ravenhill among the Elves…”

5. What does Bilbo see coming at the end of the chapter, just before he his smote heavily on the head with a stone?

“ ‘The Eagles! The Eagles!’ he shouted. ‘The Eagles are coming!’ ”

Results

5 Points
Angharad73
Aragalen the Green
Bellerock
Brethil
dernwyn
Elberbeth
Elwen
Eowyn of Penns Woods
Riven Delve
sador

4 Points
elaen32
Elessar
entmaiden
Finding Frodo
Maciliel
Nira
Silverlode
The Prancing Pony
Ziggy Stardust

3 Points
Ataahua
Eowyn3
grammaboodawg

2 Points
Arandiel

1 Point
SirDennisC

0 Points (but they weren’t, of course, trying for points…)
batik
Darkstone
Eruwestial37
Lissuin
ryouko

Invisible Extra Credit (thanks for the giggles and chortles!) to: Aragalen the Green; Arandiel; Ataahua; batik; Darkstone; dernwyn; elaen32; Elberbeth; Eruwestial37; grammaboodawg; Maciliel; Nira; ryouko; SirDennisC; Ziggy Stardust

Double IEC to: Angharad73 (fantastic hair answers, as usual); Brethil for the ME Jeopardy theme (and Thranduil); Eowyn of Penns Woods – our Knitter Extraordinaire!; Lissuin for the Star Trek theme, complete with pictures; Riven Delve – bribery gets you everywhere; sador for tying this quiz to yet another song – well done! (though *glares sternly* you’re in serious danger of losing all IEC with those marine cuts comments Wink); and Silverlode, in particular for the insults if The Hobbit were filmed by different directors (scruffy looking nerfherders, indeed. I’ve ALWAYS wondered what a nerf looks like).

Elberbeth: Your “String, or nothing!” answer to #3? ROFL!!! Yes, that would be a close second to the Carrock Galen Bathing Scene.

sador: We get more rain in winter, usually, and get more big nasty storms straight out of Antarctica in winter (just finished with one of those), but that’s not to say we can’t get monsoons and Antarctic storms any time of year!

Subject User Time
SAST Quiz #15 Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 6 2013, 10:04pm
    maciliel-answers Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel May 6 2013, 10:58pm
        Lol :) especially #3 // Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 6 2013, 11:02pm
    Woot woot! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 6 2013, 11:01pm
    Flame On! *pwuffff* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 7 2013, 12:15am
    Answers #15 Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust May 7 2013, 12:25am
    Thanks again, Ro! Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 May 7 2013, 12:25am
    *tiptoes in* Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua May 7 2013, 12:41am
    The Lucky Number +1 Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin May 7 2013, 12:41am
        You mean... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 7 2013, 2:03am
            #1 (trying another one, Dernwyn. Thanks) Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin May 7 2013, 3:03am
                LOL! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 7 2013, 10:13am
                This looks like a rather dubious cross between Santa Claus and Darth Vader!! LOL// elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 May 7 2013, 10:22am
    There's a "dummies" book for everything nowadays! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 7 2013, 1:58am
    here we go... Donry Send a private message to Donry May 7 2013, 2:24am
    Hmmmmmm..... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 7 2013, 4:01am
        #5 Aaaah, the Rosgobel Rabbit. Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin May 7 2013, 6:49am
            Actually, that may be Thorin's Hare (for which he is so justly famous)// Bellerock Send a private message to Bellerock May 7 2013, 4:33pm
    It's the 15th quiz already? Time flies... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 May 7 2013, 7:21am
    Scary dragonses!!! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 May 7 2013, 10:20am
    But I wasn't laughing, sarge! sador Send a private message to sador May 7 2013, 10:53am
        Making good my promise! sador Send a private message to sador May 8 2013, 2:05pm
    SAST Quiz #14 ANSWERS & RESULTS Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 7 2013, 10:59am
        What makes you think the guy with one point was trying for points? SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC May 8 2013, 1:13am
    Does the flame-proof suit go on under or over the fat suit? Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 7 2013, 11:20am
    Not so late this time.... Elwen Send a private message to Elwen May 7 2013, 3:24pm
    Another Tuesday, and another quiz! Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth May 7 2013, 4:47pm
    Hooray, another quiz The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony May 7 2013, 6:11pm
    SAST Quiz #15 Eowyn3 Send a private message to Eowyn3 May 7 2013, 9:52pm
    Sneaking in again... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods May 7 2013, 10:50pm
        You knitters have every thing covered, don't you?// Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin May 7 2013, 10:53pm
            Never underestimate the creativity and determination of geeks armed with pointy sticks and/or hooks! =) // Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods May 8 2013, 12:07am
    #15 Nira Send a private message to Nira May 7 2013, 11:09pm
    Feeling poetic again Ro. A Tritina for you this week. Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 8 2013, 12:36am
        This is bloomin' wonderful, Brethil! Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin May 8 2013, 12:59am
            Awww! Thanks Lissuin! (hug!) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 8 2013, 1:31am
    Just the facts SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC May 8 2013, 1:10am
    Rats! Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo May 8 2013, 3:38am
    I've not read this part for quite some time... Esmeralda Send a private message to Esmeralda May 8 2013, 4:09pm
    OK. Great chapter! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 8 2013, 5:46pm
    answers ryouko Send a private message to ryouko May 9 2013, 1:49am
    Try 15 Elessar Send a private message to Elessar May 9 2013, 3:19am
    There may be a Mediocrity Bench in my immediate future... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode May 9 2013, 5:54am
        That answer to #5... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 10 2013, 1:28am
    I'm tired and I want to go home. Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel May 10 2013, 3:42am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.