Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Extras wanted for The Hobbit......
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Moahunter
Rohan

May 7 2013, 5:19am

Post #1 of 35 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Extras wanted for The Hobbit...... Can't Post

http://www.trademe.co.nz/...isting-590663792.htm

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 5:23am

Post #2 of 35 (712 views)
Shortcut
i think they will be shooting a big chunk of new material [In reply to] Can't Post

more than just the BOT5A.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

deskp
Lorien

May 7 2013, 7:06am

Post #3 of 35 (623 views)
Shortcut
um, yea [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats been the plan ever since the trilogy split.

DanielLB
Immortal

May 7 2013, 7:09am

Post #4 of 35 (647 views)
Shortcut
What makes you say that? [In reply to] Can't Post

Even before the 3 film split, we knew that 3 months of 2013 were going to be dedicated to filming of the BO5A, and DOS/TABA pick-ups. This advertisement seems to confirm this. I can't imagine there are any other significant scenes left to film.

emre43
Lorien

May 7 2013, 7:23am

Post #5 of 35 (639 views)
Shortcut
***SPOILERS*** [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin's death scene hasn't been filmed yet. I would say that is a pretty significant scene.

DanielLB
Immortal

May 7 2013, 7:29am

Post #6 of 35 (606 views)
Shortcut
Should've made my post clearer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Always the way, with me. Wink

When I said "filming if the BO5A", I count the aftermath of the BO5A (Thorin's death and funeral etc.) as part of this as well. By "significant scenes", I meant Bilbo's encounter with Smaug, Smaug's demise or Bilbo handing over the Arkenstone etc.

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on May 7 2013, 7:31am)

Roheryn
Grey Havens

May 7 2013, 8:54am

Post #7 of 35 (538 views)
Shortcut
*contemplates moving to Wellington* [In reply to] Can't Post

So close, yet so far away.

Wouldn't this be fun? I'd sure love to be an extra, and I'm sure I'm not the only one around here! *wistful sigh*

I wonder what makes a face a "character face"? I picture something old and weathered; can young people have character faces? I'm curious.

Starling
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 9:21am

Post #8 of 35 (509 views)
Shortcut
Well these days, [In reply to] Can't Post

a 'character' face is probably anyone who hasn't had Botox or a facelift. Laugh

I would head up to Wellington to be an extra but unfortunately I am under 17. Frown

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 9:25am

Post #9 of 35 (518 views)
Shortcut
Character faces: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://fireweave.deviantart.com/...cter-Faces-336227689

and
http://static.stuff.co.nz/...0146/090/8355090.jpg

Roheryn
Grey Havens

May 7 2013, 9:41am

Post #10 of 35 (496 views)
Shortcut
*pffffffttt* [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would head up to Wellington to be an extra but unfortunately I am under 17. Frown

Only if we're measuring you in hands...Wink

Starling
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 9:42am

Post #11 of 35 (503 views)
Shortcut
Hey, [In reply to] Can't Post

I could be a pony extra! Awesome. Cool

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 9:47am

Post #12 of 35 (483 views)
Shortcut
And who would you [In reply to] Can't Post

like to have riding on your back?

AngelicEvilLaugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Starling
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 9:58am

Post #13 of 35 (472 views)
Shortcut
I cannot think of one reply [In reply to] Can't Post

that would meet the family friendly requirements of this fine establishment. Tongue

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 10:04am

Post #14 of 35 (466 views)
Shortcut
Heeheehee [In reply to] Can't Post

My job is done CoolAngelicHeart

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 10:09am

Post #15 of 35 (467 views)
Shortcut
Just DO it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't try to second guess what they're looking for. Send in your photos and let the chips fall where they may. If you meet the requirements of age and availability, what have you got to lose by trying? Heck! Move into a local hostel for the duration.

NB: if you've got long hair or beards (men... or female Dwarves of the Iron Hills Laugh), Do Not cut them for your photos just to get prettied up.

Seriously, dear Tornfolk, what are you willing to do to be in The Hobbit? Go for it!

Moahunter
Rohan

May 7 2013, 10:12am

Post #16 of 35 (480 views)
Shortcut
Some of us do live in Wgtn......... [In reply to] Can't Post

and have fun.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 10:21am

Post #17 of 35 (466 views)
Shortcut
Oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue, MH.
Good night!

Starling
Half-elven

May 7 2013, 10:32am

Post #18 of 35 (449 views)
Shortcut
Fun? In Wellington? [In reply to] Can't Post

You'd better let John Key know.

~Delta~
The Shire

May 7 2013, 3:10pm

Post #19 of 35 (380 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves? Hobbits? Elves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for putting that up! :) Hmmm.... Notice how they aren't gonna risk an open audition again, after last time! lol. Maybe scout the photos sent in and hold an invite-only audition. Anyone gonna go for it?

maddog101

May 7 2013, 3:16pm

Post #20 of 35 (354 views)
Shortcut
too darn far [In reply to] Can't Post

i would love to be in this curse living in the UK...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 5:12pm

Post #21 of 35 (367 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson made it quite clear. [In reply to] Can't Post

He specifically stated that they were using the third film to include things concerning Bilbo, the Dwarves, Gandalf, the White Council and the Necromancer which they would not have time to do in two films. It seems the plan was always to shoot BoFA this Summer, so new extensions are probably not taken into account, and go far beyond the scope of BoFA.

Also, PJ has mentioned the new material needs to be written for Film 3 (BoFA must have already existed in the scripts), and supposedly TH production is (or was) casting to major new roles for the extended portions of the films, probably internationally.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

May 7 2013, 5:40pm

Post #22 of 35 (339 views)
Shortcut
He did say that, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He specifically stated that they were using the third film to include things concerning Bilbo, the Dwarves, Gandalf, the White Council and the Necromancer which they would not have time to do in two films. It seems the plan was always to shoot BoFA this Summer, so new extensions are probably not taken into account, and go far beyond the scope of BoFA.

But most of it had already been filmed. The third film was announced just as filming was going to wrap. Taking the same amount of production days as the 3 LOTR films, they had filmed 2 Hobbit films. They then made the decision that they already had enough material to turn it into 3 films, excluding pick-ups and the filming of the BO5A this year.

Before the split, AUJ was supposed to end with the barrel escape. Apart from late changes to Azanulbizar and the Carrock scene, the rest of AUJ that we saw had already been filmed. Though PJ specifically stated they were going to use the third film so that they include the events of The Hobbit, the White Council/Dol Guldur sub-plot, and detail the history between the Dwarves and Orcs, they meant through using the scenes they had already filmed. My point is that AUJ wasn't expanded after the 3 film split - it simply meant they didn't have to delete so much out of the film.

I expect they had proposed making three films long before they officially announced it, hence why they were able to film so much.

Yes, there will be some additional scenes (ones to tie with the two other films, and the LOTR trilogy), and to re-film some scenes that didn't work. But they've already got the main and vital scenes for both sub-plots and the main plot. BO5A is the only substantial scene left. They had so much material they wanted to make 3 films out of it. Not they wanted to make 3 films, so they have to film lots more.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on May 7 2013, 5:43pm)

Cirashala
Grey Havens

May 7 2013, 6:25pm

Post #23 of 35 (293 views)
Shortcut
curses! [In reply to] Can't Post

Curses! I am an actress and I am 5'1" and have naturally super curly hair-hobbit maybe????? Or dwarf lass?????

I would LOVE to be able to be an extra in the Hobbit!!!!!

Alas, I live in the US and am not likely to get a work visa or be able to move to Wellington anytime soon Frown

Especially since I can't very well leave my poor husband for three months with a precocious 1 year old and a 4 year old while working 42.5 hours a week plus taking an online class for his master's degree......

Wish I lived in NZ about now............

Although personally I find it to be both intriguing and a little disturbing that according to what I have seen I am supposedly 1" shorter than two of the dwarves (Thorin and Dwalin), so apparently I am a beardless dwarf???

Well, my mom can grow a mustache (if she didn't take care of it which she does), and is 4'11".....maybe half dwarf then????? (don't tell her I said that lol Wink)

sigh......I don't know about other countries, but there are so so many actors and actresses in the US that it isn't easy finding work as one. Good thing its more of a hobby than employment for me.

Half Elven Daughter of Celethian of the Woodland Realm

emre43
Lorien

May 7 2013, 6:47pm

Post #24 of 35 (292 views)
Shortcut
Fair enough [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 7 2013, 10:59pm

Post #25 of 35 (288 views)
Shortcut
Here's PJ's quote regarding the additional filming from the Hollywood Reporter: [In reply to] Can't Post

Jackson says shooting of "essentially every page of script" of the first two Hobbit films is completed. Cast and crew always were set to return to Jackson's facilities in Wellington, New Zealand, in June to finish "a few pickups to complete some battle stuff." That now will be extended to a few more weeks of additional shooting. "There's some areas of the story to develop and expand," Jackson says.

The mention of narrative expansion and the announcement of three films means that they're going to be adding even more in the trilogy (but yes, AUJ was not expanded (thought we know the ending as re-shot). From the same story:

So, clearly, organizing a third Hobbit film in a matter of weeks was not going to be simple. Still, once director Peter Jackson and collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens decided that three movies was the preferred approach, the deal announced July 30 came together fast.

"If anybody had been a big hindrance, it wouldn't have happened," says a source with ties to the movies. "It was such a short window of time to make this decision, if anybody had said no, it would have been two movies."

Previously, the budget for the two movies was estimated, probably conservatively, at $500 million. A source says the production cost of the third could run between half and two-thirds as much as one of the other two films thanks to work that's already been done. (Marketing No. 3 will add to the total.) But the final cost is not yet known because the studio is awaiting a full script for the third movie.

The studio is still awaiting a script for "Film 3"/additional shooting...BoFA would have been in the scripts for what was supposed to be a duology. Additionally, there are also rumors (I believe posted here) that two "major" characters will be cast for additional filming this Summer.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on May 7 2013, 11:00pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.