Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
lindir the haldir of the hobbit?

boldog
Rohan

May 7 2013, 1:51am

Post #1 of 6 (534 views)
Shortcut
lindir the haldir of the hobbit? Can't Post

I was wondering, I believe that this character s role can easily be done like haldirs role was expanded. Possibly he fights in dol guldur and does like haldir did. I dunno I just thought of it now

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

flameofudun
Lorien

May 7 2013, 2:00am

Post #2 of 6 (268 views)
Shortcut
hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

i doubt lindir will be at dol guldur, he would get demolished. also, he wont die, he was in the return of the king...

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Ardamírë
Valinor

May 7 2013, 2:04am

Post #3 of 6 (275 views)
Shortcut
and in FOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

The actor is in the Council of Elrond scene. That's where his fandom fame comes from. I believe his appearance in ROTK was fan-service.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, it is bitter to receive." -Arwen

(This post was edited by Ardamírë on May 7 2013, 2:04am)

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

May 7 2013, 7:56am

Post #4 of 6 (166 views)
Shortcut
Herald of Elrond? [In reply to] Can't Post

Assuming Lindir and Figwit from LOTR are the same character, he won't die in battle. But I think it would be fun to see him as Elrond's herald or standard-bearer in the Battle of Dol Guldur. I don't see Bret McKenzie on the cast list for the second Hobbit movie on IMDB though.

deskp
Lorien

May 7 2013, 3:04pm

Post #5 of 6 (104 views)
Shortcut
oh no [In reply to] Can't Post

Lindir is not a figther, Haldir was part of Galadrels guards from the frist time we saw him.

We'll see more of Lindir in AUJ EE if old info is to be believed.

PattyJB
Rivendell

May 8 2013, 4:45am

Post #6 of 6 (80 views)
Shortcut
IMDb is not perfect [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I don't see Bret McKenzie on the cast list for the second Hobbit movie on IMDB though.

Neither is Orlando Bloom. But both are listed for the last movie. I think that IMDb has not caught up with the three movie breakdown yet.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.