Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Ringers: Lord of the Fans

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

May 2 2013, 6:10pm

Post #1 of 8 (265 views)
Shortcut
Ringers: Lord of the Fans Can't Post

In honor of Founders Day Week,* I watched this documentary for the first time. Fun stuff! I must confess that my favorite parts were the groovy psychedelic dance silhouettes and the fans dressed in oh-so-authentic garb from various decades sitting around reading their Tolkien. Laugh

Is there any insider information or anecdotes some of the TORn veterans can share from when this documentary was in the making or new?

*which is a fancy way to say I forgot I had the DVD until the Founders Day excitement around here. Thanks for the reminder! Blush

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 3 2013, 9:35am

Post #2 of 8 (123 views)
Shortcut
My first brush with Ringers [In reply to] Can't Post

was at a convention in Toronto called "The Gathering of the Fellowship" in 2003. This is where Quickbeam introduced the making of Ringers: Lord of the Fans.

Just over a year later in January 2005, TORn hosted it's first ORC (One Ring Celebration) where Dom joined the Ringers creators (including our Quickbeam) to officially launch Ringers. I was so geeked when he jumped off the stage and sat in front of me to watch the video introduction, then jumped back onto the stage for more Q&A and stories with the film-makers, then jumped down again and sat next to me to watch more video. He did the narration for Ringers... and I think he was the perfect voice for it!

What as so neat about this was that the pictures where he's sitting next to the person (pictures 3 & 4)... that was our ScoutB. I teased her that they had the same haircuts!! I can't believe how much she kept her cool. He was just grabbing the closest empty seat during those breaks, and the one next to her just happened to be free.

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

May 3 2013, 11:36am

Post #3 of 8 (116 views)
Shortcut
Wow, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! I was hoping someone had a tale or two to tell...

So you got to sit next to Merry himself!!! Exactly how geeked were you? Wink It looks like ScoutB is indeed playing it cool...I believe I might have geeked a little myself in her shoes!

I hope we can all take away a lesson from your ORC experience: when attending a conference with celebrities you might possibly geek over, sit near the front and leave an empty seat next to you! Cool

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

batik
Tol Eressea

May 4 2013, 3:22am

Post #4 of 8 (90 views)
Shortcut
oh...that DVD! [In reply to] Can't Post

that's how I learned of TORn's existence!!! Spring of 2008 I believe that was. Cool

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

May 4 2013, 3:09pm

Post #5 of 8 (55 views)
Shortcut
Then it was well worth watching! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Riven Delve on May 4 2013, 3:11pm)

Elven
Valinor

May 5 2013, 11:30am

Post #6 of 8 (50 views)
Shortcut
I watched it tonight... [In reply to] Can't Post

Im so incredibly grateful for this film! Thanks Cliff!!
Its a great fan diary - so many Ringers, so many fantastic memories! The Mariachi Song (I couldn't stop laughing) - Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead - so many great interviews with the cast - and it made me wonder about where they were then and what they've done since LoTR - how the World Has Changed...
and now we are in Hobbit time...

I hope there is another one being made as we speak for the journey of The Hobbit!

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

May 6 2013, 11:32am

Post #7 of 8 (36 views)
Shortcut
Lemmy Kilmister [In reply to] Can't Post

I was grateful for the subtitles that explained what he was saying! Wink

Elven
Valinor

May 6 2013, 5:00pm

Post #8 of 8 (27 views)
Shortcut
ROLF... [In reply to] Can't Post

That part was so funny - there were places where none were necessary - and then he goes off mumbling a bit and up come the subtitles Laugh Laugh - very politely done though Wink

Cheers!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.