Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
And what is in YOUR fortune cookie?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

May 2 2013, 8:34pm

Post #26 of 37 (81 views)
Shortcut
Reminds me of [In reply to] Can't Post

Sound body, sound mind.

....I think AE would like your fortune LilyLaugh

I said when i retired i wanted to take pottery classes and tai chi classes. I haven't , yet:). Tai chi does seem very elf-like doesn't it?

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

May 2 2013, 8:48pm

Post #27 of 37 (66 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, it's sounding better all the time. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the store info bborchar.

That's a first. Now you have to go back and get another order of chicken and broccoli. They ain't dumb ha!

That particular fortune reminds me of this eight ball thingy that brings up a fortune in the little window when you shake it. That was a few years agoAngelic

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

May 2 2013, 8:55pm

Post #28 of 37 (62 views)
Shortcut
What lead you to a fortune teller Daniel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did she have tarot cards there? Hope not the bones gambit. Most curious. I share your concern.
I just whistle going past those placesShocked.

J.R.R. Tolkien

bborchar
Rohan

May 2 2013, 8:57pm

Post #29 of 37 (64 views)
Shortcut
No problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I wanted to clarify that I got it from the 7-11 down the street from my apartment in Nagoya, Japan ;) I have seen it at some Walmarts and grocery stores here in the states, but they don't carry it 100% of the time.

That fortune was exactly like the 8-ball fortune. I love it when I get the funny ones.

silneldor
Half-elven

May 2 2013, 9:06pm

Post #30 of 37 (72 views)
Shortcut
Reading yours i got the idea [In reply to] Can't Post

of adding some mint to green tea ice cream or even adding some chocolate chip mint ice cream. That was a good idea OR.
You won't believe it but the son just announced he got his 1st job....at the Dairy Queen lol. I will ask him about that said item. Just what we need in the family of weight conscience people, a banana split expertUnimpressedLaugh

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

May 2 2013, 9:10pm

Post #31 of 37 (98 views)
Shortcut
Now isn't that just perfect. [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh . Glad yous are back.

I will send AE to help. She will add her ending to all those cookies. That'll fix their wagon.Sly

J.R.R. Tolkien

SirDennisC
Half-elven

May 3 2013, 1:14am

Post #32 of 37 (69 views)
Shortcut
If you get a chance [In reply to] Can't Post

check out Basil Court sometime... it's a Thai place that serves homemade ginger, lychee, and (I believe) green tea ice cream, the likes of which you've never tasted.

bborchar
Rohan

May 3 2013, 4:44am

Post #33 of 37 (56 views)
Shortcut
Green tea sundaes... [In reply to] Can't Post

...are delicious with azuki bean topping. Never had a milkshake, but Starbucks green tea frappacino is a pretty good likeness of it.

DanielLB
Immortal

May 3 2013, 9:41am

Post #34 of 37 (65 views)
Shortcut
It was through a mutual friend [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at their house, and so was the fortune teller. She had all sorts with her (I can't remember if it was her day job, or just a hobby). She got the tarot cards out and told me I was going to get ill! Quite entertaining really, but not very tasteful.

Strange thing is ... your thread only just jogged my memory of it ... and yesterday I came down with a cold.

I'll have to make my own fortune cookie:

"Bad things happen when reading a thread by sil"

LaughWink

silneldor
Half-elven

May 3 2013, 1:42pm

Post #35 of 37 (41 views)
Shortcut
*Sending vibrant health thoughts to Daniel* [In reply to] Can't Post

Let not the Grima aura sway your positive aspirations friend.
"Ferthu Theoden hal!". Let Eowyn sway you with her forthright spirit. : "Recieve now this cup (*hands Daniel cup of green tea laced with Miruvor*) and drink in happy hour. Health be with thee at thy going and coming!"

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

May 3 2013, 1:57pm

Post #36 of 37 (46 views)
Shortcut
I tried to find one down here Den [In reply to] Can't Post

but to no avail. I think the 'Loving Hut' may be the closest thing like that around here, before the prices went up. Thanks for the info though.

J.R.R. Tolkien

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

May 16 2013, 12:19am

Post #37 of 37 (41 views)
Shortcut
Aye, [In reply to] Can't Post

surely I would be doomed were one of my own under such employment. Laugh

Stigmata Script, a bastion for aspiring writers - http://stigmatascript.com/

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.