Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
***UPDATED GEEKY OBSERVATIONS LIST*** And a call for more obs :)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 1 2013, 1:31pm

Views: 1346
Shortcut
***UPDATED GEEKY OBSERVATIONS LIST*** And a call for more obs :) Can't Post

Greetings All!

Here's our latest update on the Geeky Observations List -- draft #4!! Again, I beg that you look it over and help me with additions, corrections, or deletions. This is OUR list; I'm just the steward ;)

All of the new items have ** these 2 asterisks at the front of each line... or they're at the front of previous obs I combined with similar observations (basically duplications) or observations that were heavily edited.

I wanted to let you know that many observations that are not on this list will be showing up on our Tidbits Geeky List (in progress). If you check out the LotR Lists, you see there are quite a variety of Lists to come. For instance, I've moved the ob about Thorin's receding hairline into the Tidbits List. My criteria for items like this are checking to see if there are several pieces or discussion that make up the observation. Then it's more of an interesting Tidbit (still a valid Geeky Observation), but a bit more involved than what shows up on this primary list.

And a reminder for Geeky Observations to share, I don't do negative, nitpicks, continuity errors... stuff like that. With all of the work and splendidosity in this film, I just can't do it. Those are for someone else to collect :) Sorry... but there you are.

So... Are you still spotting things? BRING 'EM ON! I've only had time to watch up to them checking out the Troll's Hoard, so I'm hoping to add more soon. For now, here's more that I saw:

1. Thranduil' nods his head slightly to the right when acknowledging Thrór on his throne and again after the attack on Erebor when acknowledging Thorin as he turns his Army and leaves.
2. Gandalf is humming when he walks away from Bilbo's door.
3. Bag End is lit up as Bilbo cooks dinner, including the front porch lantern over the door. Expecting company?
4. Dori shows great etiquette when serving Gandalf. Not a common Dwarf trait? (Thinks of Dwalin-fish/Kili-boots)
5. Dori and Ori (Nori?) are the most polite or well-bred of the Dwarven Company.
6. Whenever Bifur speaks Khuzdul, the others understand but respond in the Common Tongue
7. Thorin and Bifur are the only ones that speak Khuzdul.
8. Bilbo doesn't take the contract. Thorin shoves it at him until he takes it.
9. Bilbo's book is left sitting on the arm of his chair where he left it.
10. When the Dwarves are singing, Bofur sits on the arm of Bilbo's chair and is the only one not standing during the song.
11. There are heavy curtains pulled aside in Bilbo's bedroom that would cover the window and wall.
12. The bedroom window is slightly open in Bilbo's bedroom.
13. (added last sentence to existing ob) Bilbo never did get into bed properly. When he wakes in the morning, it's apparent he had just tipped over across the foot of the bed where he listened to the Dwarves sing. Sometime during the night he dropped his suspenders.
14. The entire house is cleaned up and doesn't show any sign that the Dwarves and Gandalf had been there, except for the contract sitting on the footstool where Bilbo left it.
15. Thorin trusts Gandalf in Bag End about Bilbo, the map and the key; but he is beginning not to trust him as they argue at the Farmer's broken homestead.

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Subject User Time
***UPDATED GEEKY OBSERVATIONS LIST*** And a call for more obs :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 1 2013, 1:31pm
    **GEEKY OBSERVATIONS LIST** #4 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 1 2013, 1:32pm
        Amazing Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight May 1 2013, 2:26pm
        Wonderful Gramma! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 1 2013, 5:26pm
        Gramma it was like watching the movie into the movie Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) May 2 2013, 9:23pm
        a few more Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Aug 12 2013, 5:39am
    You forgot one i told you long ago Oleander Took Send a private message to Oleander Took May 1 2013, 2:19pm
        Ah-ha! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 3 2013, 1:45am
    Good morning The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony May 1 2013, 3:01pm
    Father and son are suspicious of foreign languages Seaborn Send a private message to Seaborn May 1 2013, 3:04pm
    There were a couple I added Elvanui Send a private message to Elvanui May 1 2013, 3:10pm
        Wups! I missed these grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 3 2013, 1:47am
    Looking forward to the Tidbits Geeky List! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 1 2013, 4:05pm
    As always, gramma, you rock! :-) Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 1 2013, 10:43pm
        Nice observations!...and one note Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 2 2013, 12:01am
            D'oh! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 2 2013, 12:35am
                *high five* Team Work! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 3 2013, 1:52am
        Shouting match! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 2 2013, 4:30pm
    I LOVE reading your list! Nunilo Send a private message to Nunilo May 2 2013, 12:16am
    Thanks for that gramma, it's brilliant emre43 Send a private message to emre43 May 2 2013, 7:25am
    Radagast's microscope! (thanks to malla) Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 2 2013, 4:23pm
        Oh, I must correct myself :) Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 5 2013, 1:43am
            No worries :D Got it! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 5 2013, 3:25pm
    I've got some! I've got some! stormcrow20 Send a private message to stormcrow20 May 2 2013, 10:38pm
    Wow you guys! GREAT additions and very appreciated corrections! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 3 2013, 2:08am
        Nicely done ... Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff May 3 2013, 2:28am
            Nope Starling Send a private message to Starling May 3 2013, 5:56am
                *huggles* :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 5 2013, 3:28pm
            Oh... trust me... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 5 2013, 3:27pm
    Regarding climbing the trees Bellerock Send a private message to Bellerock May 4 2013, 12:45am
    This might be useful for the list: malickfan Send a private message to malickfan May 4 2013, 10:35am
    Metal workers in Erebor Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 5 2013, 2:01am
    **Got the Obs through today** FANTASTIC! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 5 2013, 3:37pm
        new observation Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala May 11 2013, 11:04pm
            Whoa! Great catch!!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 12 2013, 9:47pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.